If you are a Massachusetts resident, then here is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss on. The Bay State Games is inviting applicants to apply for its Future Leaders Scholarship. Applicants who are residents of Massachusetts and/or students at a secondary school in Massachusetts are eligible to apply. The scholarships will be awarded to two students of three regions of the state Metro or Northeast, Southeast or Coastal, Central or West of the state. If a student resides out of state, his or her region will be determined by the location of the educational institution that he or she attends.
The Future Leaders Scholarship aims to identify young men and women who will be tomorrow’s leaders. Over the past 30 years, nearly $400,000 has been distributed to students who wish to continue their education. The Massachusetts Amateur Sports Foundation awards these scholarships because it believes the future leaders of tomorrow are developed during their high school years with a solid foundation built on academics, athletics, community service, and extracurricular activities. Achieving success in academics, athletics, and community service teaches responsibility to self and others, fosters a sense of self-worth, and develops an appreciation for the importance of setting goals and working to achieve them.
The Bay Games is one of the most known foundations keen towards leveling up the education and athletic career of the students with different programs. Kevin has been involved with the Massachusetts Amateur Sports Foundation and the Bay State Games since 1984. Kevin started with the organization as a Sports Coordinator and was promoted to Executive Director in 1999. Kevin served as the President of the National Congress of State Games from 2005 – 2007. He has served on the National Congress of State Games Board of Directors for over 12 years and is currently chair of the State Games of America Committee which is responsible for the evaluation and selection of locations for the biannual State Games National Championship.
Go through the table below for more details about the scholarship:
|Organization||Bay State Games|
|Educational Level||University or college students|
|Number of Awards||Six|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, Letter of recommendation, Transcript|
Who May Be Eligible?
Take a look at the requirements first if you are interested in this scholarship:
- Applicants must meet all requirements to apply for a member of the class of 2021.
- A resident of Massachusetts and/or a student at a secondary school in Massachusetts is eligible to apply.
- For this year only (2020), past participation in the Bay State Winter or Summer Games is not required but recommended.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested students can apply for the scholarship through an online application form. Applicants should provide all the required details and materials without any negligence. The foundation will reject late or incomplete applications. Candidates should provide all the supporting materials with concern before the deadline. Fellows should maintain the originality of the materials submitted.
- Two letters of recommendation should be provided.
- Official school transcript through the spring of 2020 must be submitted.
- Recommendations should address the applicant’s demonstrated leadership abilities and achievements. It should give a clear sense of what qualities make the applicant unique and deserving of the Future Leaders Scholarship.
- One must be from a guidance counselor, teacher, or principal.
- One must be from a coach or athletic director.
- Recommendations should be typed, one page in length, signed by the author, and emailed by the author to email@example.com or mailed to 55 Sixth Road, Woburn, MA 01801
- The subject of the email: Scholarship Recommendation for “Name of Applicant”.
- Transcripts should include grades through spring 2020.
- Transcripts should be emailed directly from the school to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 55 Sixth Road, Woburn, MA 01801
- The subject of the email: Transcript for “Name of Applicant”.
Bay State Games is proud to award these $1,000 scholarships in 2020 to six deserving Bay State Games student-athletes. Scholarships will be awarded to six students, two from each of three regions of the state:
- Region 1: Metro/Northeast
- Region 2: Southeast/Coastal
- Region 3: Central/West
The foundation is expecting applications to be submitted before October 15, 2020.