The Bay Harbor Foundation is pleased to announce its Tuition Scholarship Program conducted for the current year 2020. The awards can be grabbed by the students who are United States citizens enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, including community and junior colleges, located within the U.S.
The program is established to provide assistance for individuals to work in the Bay Harbor Community to help them to achieve their dream of a college education. The recipients of the grant will be getting sufficient financial assistance to complete their education without facing any barriers.
The Bay Harbor Foundation is a charitable, nonprofit community organization. It was established in 2003 by a group of Bay Harbor property owners to helping their neighbors through donations, grants, programs, and professional mentoring.
Who May Be Eligible?
- Each recipient shall be a person who is employed by a Bay Harbor entity within the Bay Harbor Community or shall be the son, daughter, grandson, or granddaughter of a person who is so employed as stated in the Program Goals.
- The students must demonstrate a need for assistance in paying the tuition of the college or university he or she is attending after taking into account the other financial aid available to such person.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, including community and junior colleges, located within the United States.
- Must be a “Full-Time Student”, completing, and receiving credit for, at least 12 accredited college credit hours per semester, or equivalent in quarter hours, and good standing.
- Must be 17 years old or older.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a person who has demonstrated good moral character and who has not been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to the community in a written essay.
How to Apply
Applicants need to download a pdf scholarship application form and mail it to along with the required and mandatory documents to the Bay Harbor Foundation Office at:
Bay Harbor Foundation
750 Bay Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor, Michigan 49770
- Original signed application form (page 1 of this document)
- Financial information questionnaire (page 2 of this document) and any financial aid, grant, or income paperwork
- Official transcripts
- Personal essay
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from an employer, school counselor, longtime friend, or Bay Harbor Resident who knows you well.
- The second letter of recommendation is not required, but is strongly encouraged Completed and signed Application Checklist (page 3 of this document)
The grant will be awarded at the time of prize distribution to the deserving students. The award is for tuition only, and funds awarded may not be used for any other purpose. The recipients will get full support in accomplishing their higher education without any hurdles.
The scholarship applications are due on August 4, 2022.