Founding in 1889, Barnard has been a distinguished leader in higher education, offering a rigorous liberal arts foundation to young women whose curiosity, drive and exuberance set them apart. Barnard College is one of the most selective colleges in the United States. Students may pursue elements of their education at greater Columbia University.
The Barnard curriculum enables students to develop strength in ways of knowing that incorporate but also transcend traditional academic disciplines. Bachelor of Arts degree in about 50 areas of study is offered to Barnard graduates. Joint programs for the Bachelor of Science and other degrees exist with Columbia University, Juilliard School, and The Jewish Theological Seminary.
Barnard College acceptance rate is 13.7% for the Barnard Class of 2022. It is one of the oldest women’s colleges in the world. The college dedicates itself to imparting to each students self-renewing intellectual resourcefulness, the mark of a liberal arts education. It is the most selective women’s college in the nation.
What GPA do you need to get into the Barnard College?
- The average GPA at Barnard College is 3.9.
- This makes Barnard College Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.9, Barnard College requires you to be at the top of your class.
Barnard College SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for Barnard College?
- The average ACT score at Barnard College is 30.
- This score makes Barnard College Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it cost to go to Barnard College?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Barnard College are $52,662 for their students.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at Barnard College is $52,662.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Barnard College is $55,032.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year
What majors is the Barnard College known for?
- The most popular majors at Barnard College include Social Sciences, Psychology, Biological, and Biomedical Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, and English Language and Literature/Letters.
- Students must take one year of one laboratory science, study a single foreign language for four semesters, and complete one 3-credit course in each of the following categories: reason and value, social analysis, historical studies, cultures in comparison, quantitative and deductive reasoning, literature, and visual and performing arts.
- The six most popular majors at the college are English, psychology, political science, economics, history, and biology.
How much is tuition at the Barnard College?
2018-19 Tuition and Fees
Tuition from September 2018 through May 2019
|Tuition for all undergraduate students:
In order to remain in good academic standing, all undergraduate students are expected to fulfill at least 12 credits per semester.
|$53,252 per year ($26,626 per semester)|
Is Barnard College a public or Private school?
- Barnard College is a private women’s liberal arts college in Manhattan, New York City.
- Barnard students share some classes, clubs, Greek life, sports teams, buildings and more with Columbia University.
- Barnard graduates have made their mark as leaders in the arts, business, government, and science, and as activists for causes too numerous to name.
- Today, Barnard is one of the most selective academic institutions in the United States and remains devoted to empowering extraordinary women.
- With a dedicated faculty of scholars distinguished in their respective fields, Barnard is a community of accessible teachers and engaged students who participate together in intellectual risk-taking and discovery.
- Barnard prepares its graduates to flourish in different cultural surroundings in an increasingly interconnected world.
What SAT score is required for the Barnard College?
- The average SAT score composite at Barnard College is 1440.