The NAPF is organizing its annual Peace Poetry Awards for all the people around the world. The contest will be organized under three different age categories: Adult (19+ years), Youth (13-18 years), and Youth (12 years and below). You can either send your poems on paper by mail or submit them online at the stated e-mail address. Three submissions are allowed per person. Your poem should be in English and contain 30 lines at maximum. Participants are required to pay an entry fee of $15 (adults) and $5 (13-18 years). The last date to submit your work is July 1, 2021.
The winners under each category will get monetary rewards. The best poem under the adult segment will get $1000, and under the two youth segments, $200 each. It is an opportunity to present your creativity in writing. It takes a lot to be a poet. Participating in the Peace Poetry Awards is providing you with the stage to prove yourself to the world. Also, the prize money is quite huge and can be used for any purpose. This is the chance to take the first step towards your dreams and explore your calibre. All the Best.
The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation was founded in 1982. It is a non-partisan, non-profit organization with consultative status to the United Nations and is comprised of over 80,000 individuals and groups worldwide. NAPF aims to educate, advocate, propose, and pursue denuclearizing actions to achieve a just and peaceful world free of nuclear weapons. The foundation is a proud Partner Organization of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), the winner of the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Nuclear Age Peace Foundation (NAPF)|
|Access mode||Online & Offline|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Nationality||Domestic & international|
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2021|
|Application fees||Different Denominations|
Who is Eligible?
All the individuals who are above 12 years of age around the world are eligible to participate in the 2021 Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Awards. The contest will be held under three categories mentioned below:
- Adults: 19+ years of age
- Youth: Ages 13 to 18
- Youth: Ages 12 and below
How to Apply?
For participating, follow the mentioned guidelines:
To Submit on Paper:
- Send two copies of three unpublished poems of 30 lines each at maximum.
- At the upper right hand of the page, mention your name, age (if 18 or under), address, and telephone number. Adults can write ‘Adult Category’.
- Please include the title of each poem.
- Do not staple individual poems together.
- Send the entry and the entry fee (if applicable) to Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, 1622 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
- The entry fees are as follows:
- Adults: $15
- Youth (ages 13-18): $5
- Youth (ages 12 and under): No fee
To Submit online:
- You are allowed to submit three unpublished poems of 30 lines each at maximum.
- Include the title of each poem.
- Include your name, address, email, telephone, and ‘Adult Category’ / Your age if below 18 years in the upper right hand of each poem.
- Send your poems in Microsoft Word Attachment to email@example.com
- Pay the applicable application fee:
- Adults: $15 PAY HERE
- Youth (ages 13-18): $5 PAY HERE
- Youth (ages 12 and under): No fee
Participating in the contest will help you explore yourself and your ability to express yourself via poetry. Everyone is different within themselves and have the skill to bring a change in society. The Peace contest is a stage to prove yourself. The winners under each category will get prizes as follows:
- Adult Winner: $1000
- Youth (13-18 years) Winner: $200
- Youth (Under 12 years): $200
Submissions are open till July 1, 2021. You are requested to submit your poems on or before the due date to be considered. The winners will be announced on October 1, 2021.