The Cape Cod Chorale is introducing its Barbara Knight Memorial Scholarship. The program is organized for the students who are graduating seniors and also indulged in a major in music such as music education, theory, music management etc.
The grant is announced in order to support the students indulged in the same. The recipient will get support for four years to pay for any of the educational expenses like tuition, fees, books and many others.
The Cape Cod Chorale is a community chorus including about 65 SATB voices, with membership drawn from middle and upper Cape Cod communities. Its goal is to promote the beauty of choral music and to provide people who love to sing.
Who May Eligible?
The below-mentioned criterion is to be fulfilled by the students:
- Must be a graduating senior from one of the following high schools—Barnstable High School, St. John Paul II High School, Cape Cod Academy, Mashpee High School, Sandwich High School, or Sturgis High School—
- Must plan to major in music in college such as music education, theory, composition, music management, conducting, music history, performance, etc.
How to Apply
The students can provide their applications and required supplemental documentation through mail at Kathy Jacobsen 195 Falmouth Road, Unit 14D Mashpee, MA 02649.
- A list of school ensembles (and years) or other musical activities in which you have participated.
- A personal letter from applicant answering: What motivated your decision to major in music?
- Two letters of recommendation: one must be from your high school music teacher.
The Scholarship includes a $500 award per year over four years for students in good standing. The awardees must reapply each year in college to be eligible for continuing support.
The complete applications should be submitted by Monday, May 31, 2020.