The Delaware Department of Education offers various monetary subsidizing opportunities to the understudies who are short of resources but not potential. They help countless understudies needing to study in Delaware with monetary help to seek after competitive and quality schooling. Since the schooling expenses are rising and reaching their extremes, the understudies from monetarily unlucky backgrounds commonly wind up putting full stops to their education. Accordingly, to keep that from occurring, the Department has been such a great help to understudies for such a long time. The B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship is also started to provide monetary assistance to those who need and deserve it.
Regarding eligibility, the legal inhabitants of Delaware who are secondary school seniors with an unweighted aggregate GPA of at minimum 3.0 and a consolidated score of 1290 on the SAT or a comparable score on the ACT are eligible to enter. The candidates enlisted full-time at the University of Delaware are also eligible. To be considered, the candidate will have to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA ) before the application cutoff time. The scholarship award concerning the following grant covers total educational cost, required charges, room, board, and books at the University of Delaware. The award is renewable for up to three extra years with a total GPA of 3.0. Application opens December 1, 2021, and All application materials should be put together by 4:30 pm on February 25, 2022.
The Delaware Department of Education works with the vision that each student should be prepared for accomplishment in school, profession, and life. Their mission is to enable each student with the best instruction through shared initiative, inventive practices, and praiseworthy administrations.
Table of Contents
Following are the brief details concerning the subsequent grant:
|Organization||Delaware Department of Education|
|Education Level||High school seniors|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||February 25, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following is the qualification criteria for the concerning grant program:
- Legal residents of Delaware
- High school seniors with an unweighted cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and a combined score of 1290 on the SAT or an equivalent score on the ACT
- Enroll full-time at the University of Delaware
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA ) before the application deadline
How to Apply?
The qualified candidates can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office’s secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must create a student account before proceeding to the application. Incomplete applications cannot be processed; you must provide all of the required information:
- Complete the online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. It is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities you have been involved in, either in or out of school.
- Provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office For students attending Delaware public or charter high schools: The Delaware Higher Education Office will access your 9 through 11 grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.
For home-schooled students or students attending private high schools in Delaware, please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9th through 11th-grade high school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office email@example.com by the scholarship deadline.
- FAFSA filed before the deadline.
The B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship will provide the selected beneficiaries with the educational fund covering the following expenses: Full tuition, required fees, room, board, and books at the University of Delaware. The award is renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. One award per year will be awarded.
The deadline for all applications concerning the following grant must be received by February 25, 2022. No application received after this deadline has passed will be entertained. So hurry up and book your seat.