If the higher cost of education is making you worried about how to cope with it, then definitely apply for the Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship introduced for the year 2020. The program is a precious initiative taken by the Perecman Firm to assist students in their educational career path.
The awards are available for undergraduate students at an accredited college, university, vocational school. The students accepted to begin school as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2020 semester are also invited to apply.
The Perecman Firm works for accident victims for over 35 years. The firm secured 9 of the top verdicts and settlements in New York State and has been mentioned into the list of “Best Law Firms” by US News, and Attorney David Perecman has been selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America”.
Who May Eligible?
Interested candidates are required to meet up with the given eligibility guidelines to get considered:
- Students must be an enrolled undergraduate student at an accredited college, university, vocational school, or
- Must be accepted to begin school as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Must be able to submit their most recent official or unofficial transcript (i.e. high school, college, or post-graduate)
How to Apply
The firm is receiving applications for its Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship electronically through an online application form which can be found on the bottom of the main official page of the program.
- Must write an essay of a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,000 words, on one of the three topics listed below.
- Tell us about a time that you have had to overcome an obstacle as a person with autism that other people would not have had to face.
- Explain how your loved one’s autism has affected you and how you have adapted to help them.
- Answer this question: What do you feel is the biggest obstacle holding back people with autism today?
- Must provide an official or unofficial academic transcript.
The Perecman Firm is offering a $5,000 scholarship for a student living with autism, or a whose loved one is living with autism. The recipient will be able to pay for any of the educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books, etc.
The application deadline is Friday, July 31st, 2020, by 11:59 EDT for the Fall 2020 semester.