Pursuing higher education has never been easy! The Orange County Community Foundation is familiar with this type of situation faced by the students and is glad to announce an impressive AVID scholarship for the graduating seniors from Orange County who were planning to attain 4years of college or university and enrolled in the AVID program for the past three years. The Orange County Community Foundation is stepping forward to assist the students facing financial difficulties to complete their education. The fellow will receive $2,500-$5,000 as a scholarship award to reduce the academic burden.
The mission of Orange County Community Foundation is to modify the education system and educational structure of the students and to make education lasting and meaningful contributions to their communities. They aim to improvise the living of the people from Orange County and help them receive the best educational assistance to complete their academic. Their mission is to encourage each individual to seek higher education, receive better job facilities, and inspire the youths from the community.
The AVID Scholarship Program at Orange County Community Foundation (OCCF) has helped through its kind assistance of Orange County philanthropists and community leaders committed to the academic and life success of AVID students. Since its establishment, the Orange County Community Foundation has sincerely been involved in helping the students to pursue higher education without any worries regarding the finances. It continues to do the same.
Go through the table given below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||Orange County Community Foundation|
|Educational Level||Graduating Seniors|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
Who May Be Eligible
Enroll through the needs that make you eligible for this scholarship:
- The applicant must be enrolled in the AVID program for a minimum of three years
- The candidate should demonstrate a commitment to higher education
- The student who is enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university
- The applicant must have received a minimum GPA of 2
- The fellow must be interested in community services and leadership
- The student must need finances
- The applicant must be graduating seniors from Orange County.
How to Apply
Submission should be made attached with the required documents enlisted below. The request should be made via an online process; no late or incomplete application will be considered for the scholarship.
Submission should be provided before the deadline as the late submission will not be accepted.
Few required documents:
- The fellow should provide the complete application
- The fellow should demonstrate the need for financial assistance
- The student should provide the latest transcript
- The candidate must submit the proof of GPA score received
- The fellow should provide proof of acceptance or enrollment at an accredited college or university
- The fellow should briefly describe (30-40 words max) the impact of students AVID experience.
- The applicant must provide Letters of Recommendation.
This scholarship will reduce the financial burden of the student. The provided scholarship should only be used to pay students’ academic needs like tuition, fees, and other related expenses. These programs motivate students to achieve their goals overcoming their difficulties. The process of these scholarships is too easy. It will build confidence in the students.
Applicants are invited to apply. Late applications will not be considered.