Applications are open for the ATS Student Scholars Program funded by The American Thoracic Society (ATS). The program is open for the applicants who are enrolled in an accredited medical, graduate, or nursing school.
The Program is an unique opportunity to participate in the ATS 2019 International Conference in Dallas, TX, for the selected group of 80-100 motivated medical students, undergraduate students, and nursing students.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be enrolled in an accredited medical, graduate, or nursing school.
- Have an interest in learning more about a career in adult or pediatric pulmonary, critical care, or sleep medicine.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://thoracicforms.wufoo.com/forms/mhgku0e1wdwoiz
- Up to 80-100medical, graduate, and nursing students will be accepted and offered free registration to the ATS International Conference.
- No travelstipends will be offered.
- Criteria forselection will be determined on a lottery basis.
- Registration will take place through normal ATS Conference Registration using a promotion code.
- Students who accept to be part of this program must sign up for pre-conference webinar.
- Students who accept to be part of this program must attend an onsite orientation on Saturday, May 18, 2019.
- Students who accept to be part of this program must contact their mentor prior to the conference to arrange a time to meet during the conference.
- Students are also encouraged to attend key conference activities, including the ATS PublicAdvisory Roundtable’s Meet-the-Experts Patient and Family Forum, some sessions in the Center for Career Development, and the Student Presentations at ATS(SPATS).
The Student Scholars Program will
- Provide students with specific, curated opportunities for exposure to the excitement of the scientific, translational, and clinical information presented at the ATS 2019International Conference.
- Offer a compelling series of reasons for students to consider applying to an adult or pediatric pulmonary, critical care, and sleep fellowship program after their residency.
- Provide focused mentorship and career development resources for students interested in learning more about pulmonary, critical care, or sleep medicine.
- Students must complete pre-and post-conference evaluations as part of the Program.
Deadline for registration to the 2019 ATS Student Scholars Program is February 15, 2019.
If you have any questions about this program, send an email to email@example.com.