The American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) is accepting submissions for the Fellowship Award. The award is open to the universities or colleges students with post-graduate engineering and science research programs.
The ASNT Fellowship provides assistance to graduate students in defraying costs of their post-graduate research in NDT/NDE. To fund research activity in nondestructive testing (NDT) at the graduate level, either master’s or doctoral.
The funds shall be used as described in the proposal submitted as part of the application documentation. The intent is to support the students in the conduct of their studies or research need towards attaining a graduate level degree.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Universities or colleges graduate students
- With post-graduate engineering and science research programs are eligible.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.asnt.org/MinorSiteSections/AboutASNT/Awards/Fellowship/submit
- The student must meet the requirement for the degree program described in the proposal as required by the nominating university.
- Faculty Advisor must meet the requirement for directing the student’s graduate degree program as required by the nominating university.
- No more than one proposal per faculty member will be considered annually.
- The application should be in the form of a proposal for a graduate level research project from the University outlining what the program or graduate study activity will consist of and how long they will manage the fellowship.
- Remember that your proposal letter must be no more than twenty single-sided pages, must be signed by the faculty member and by an official authorized to commit the institution in business affairs.
- All Fellowship proposals should be formatted as follows:
- Length: The proposal, with all support materials, should not exceed twenty one-sided sheets.
- Title Page: Should list the title, the school name, the faculty member submitting the proposal, the name of the potential student recipient (required), mailing address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address. It shall specify the anticipated starting date, estimated date of completion and to who the funds are to be disbursed.
- Abstract: A brief executive summary of the nature and scope of the research to be performed.
- Research Proposal: This should contain a detailed description of the graduate research project indicating the objectives, planned approach, and the expected results.
- Program of Study: This should provide a brief description of the actual or typical program of study of the potential student recipient. A brief catalog description of the indicated courses would be helpful.
- Research Facilities: Should include a description of the research facilities equipment and other appropriate resources available for use on this project.
- Budget: Should indicate the resources dedicated to this project. The proposed use of ASNT Fellowship funds should be indicated explicitly. None of the ASNT Fellowship Award funds can be used for overhead or indirect institution expenses.
- $20,000 in funding and a Framed Certificate.
- Recipients who are not members of ASNT shall be given a complimentary one (1) year membership.
The Nomination deadline is October 15, 2018.
For any questions regarding the Fellowship process or timeline, contact ASNT’s Program Coordinator, Jessica Ames (email@example.com).