The Asheville Recovery Center is assisting incredible and underprivileged students through its Annual Scholarship currently open for the year 2020. The applicants who will fit in the eligibility criteria are U.S. students attending a college, university, graduate school, or law school in the United States.
The committee believes that education is a crucial element upon which future leaders are made, so they decide to help scholars with the high costs expenses associated with attending college and university such as tuition, fees, travel, books, and many more.
The Asheville Recovery Center is located in Asheville, North Carolina, and was founded to address the need for an effective treatment for an intimate, supportive environment. Its mission is to bridge the gap between twelve-step-based treatment models and clinical addiction treatment models.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the scholarship, the students must be fulfilling the eligibility criteria:
- Must be college students who are obtaining a degree of their choice from any eligible college, university or professional school.
- Students must be enrolled in or committed to attend a college, university, or professional school during the current calendar year in which they applied for the program.
- Must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants should not be immediate family members of employees of Asheville Recovery Center.
- Students who will be attending a college, university, graduate school, or law school in the United States during the current calendar year.
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
How to Apply
The Recovery center is accepting scholarship applications through an online process. The eligible candidates are asked to fill out their details through an online application form, which can be seen on the bottom of the main official website page.
- Must submit an official transcript
- One letter of recommendation from an employer or professor/teacher in addition to submitting an essay.
- An essay of a maximum 750-word on the topic: Describe how you have been affected by addiction in your life.
A $1,000 one-time scholarship award will be sent directly to the registrar’s office of the winner’s college or university and can be used to cover the cost of tuition, fees, housing, or books up to the Cost of Attendance.
The applications should be submitted by 11:59 PM CST on the final day of the calendar year.