The United States of America Government is presenting the Artificial Intelligence Applications to Autonomous Cybersecurity (AI ATAC) Challenge for high potential candidates. The Challenge is open to individual Participants, teams of Participants, and commercial entities from the US.
The federal government of the United States (U.S. federal government) is the national government of the United States. It is a federal republic in North America, composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and several island possessions.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
- Individual Participants, teams of Participants, and commercial entities are applicable.
- Commercial entities must be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in the United States (U.S.).
- Individual Participants and all members of teams of Participants must all be U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All the applicants must be 18 years or older as of 08 July 2019.
- All Participants (commercial entities or individuals) must have a Social Security Number (SSN), Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), or Employer Identification Number (EIN) in order to receive a prize.
- Federal Government employees, PMW 130 support contractors, and their employees, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) employees are not eligible to participate in this Challenge.
How to Apply
For being considered,
- Each participant shall submit one entry in response to this Challenge. Team entries or commercial entity entries must have an individual identified as the primary point of contact and prize recipient.
- By submitting an entry via email to AIATAC.PRIZE.CHALLENGE@NAVY.MIL a Participant authorizes his or her name to be released to the media if the Participant wins the prize.
- Aspirants must submit both the white paper and corresponding tool for the entry
- White Paper Submission Guidelines:
- White papers should provide an overview of the proposed technology and technical approach, the benefits and novelty of the approach within the context of existing academic and commercially available technologies, and the dependencies necessary to operate the proposed technology.
- All white papers must be submitted along with the Participants tool per the instructions outlined in the tool submission
- Tool Submission Guidelines:
Software for endpoint agents and/or management appliances, or hardware for management appliances must be shipped by trackable, non-postal delivery (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) and received at 1700 EDT, to the following address:
- Cybersecurity Research Group
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Attn: AI ATAC Evaluation Team
- Bethel Valley Road Building 6012, Room 209
- Oak Ridge, TN 37830
- A total cash prize of $150,000 will be given to the winners
- A $100,000 first place cash prize will be awarded to the winning entry.
- A $50,000 second place cash prize will be awarded to the second place winner.
Application Deadline: All the entries of this challenge must be done by 30 September 2019.