Get financial aid to complete or continue your higher studies by applying to the Art Savage Scholarship Fund. This precious program is being organized by the Sacramento Region Community Foundation. The students who will be able to enter the awards are River Cats employees or their family members who are pursuing higher education.
The purpose of the grants is to assist low-income applicants who are suffering to achieve quality education due to their financial hurdles. This reward will inevitably lead them a way towards the accomplishment of their dreams, goals as well as quality education.
Sacramento Region Community Foundation transforms its community through focused leadership and advocacy that inspire partnerships and expand giving. It was founded in 1983 and housed a variety of giving vehicles to accommodate your charitable interests and offer personalized service to each donor.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the Art Savage Scholarship Fund, the applicants must be fulfilling the provided eligibility criteria:
- Must be a River Cats employee or family member of a River Cats employee
- Must be a high school senior, undergraduate student or an adult re-entry student
- Must be planning to attend a two-year community college, four-year college/university, vocational or trade school in the upcoming academic year
- Must demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000)
- Preference will be given to students working while going to school
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units per semester or part-time equivalent in the upcoming academic year
How to Apply
The foundation is receiving applications through an online process. Eligible students are required to create an account or sign in into the existing one to submit their asked credentials and get consideration for the program.
- Must write and submit an essay on the topic “Teamwork involves building relationships and working with other people toward a common goal. Please describe a time you were part of a team and the lessons that you learned from that”.
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from an individual not related to you.
- Must submit another letter of recommendation from an individual not related to you.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is giving scholarships from range $500-$1000 for hardworking students. Renewal awards are available up to two (2) years. Recipients must reapply for a renewal award and will be considered with the overall pool of applicants.
The applicants are free to apply for the scholarship until the declared deadline of 17 July 2020.