The Arkansas Department of Higher Education is introducing you to the Teacher Opportunity Program (TOP), which offers educational cost reimbursement awards to Arkansas educators and directors. Instructors and administrators might apply for repayment of out-of-pocket costs paid for up to six (6) school credit hours completed every scholastic year. The sum granted will be based on the educational cost, mandatory charges, books, and required supplies paid by the candidate for six (6) school credit hours finished. Expenses, for example, graduation charges, late charges, vehicle registration charges, and mileage, are not reimbursable. Awards may not surpass the expense of the Arkansas public foundation surveying the highest rate of educational cost and compulsory charges or $3000, whichever is less.
To apply, a candidate must be an Arkansas occupant twelve a year before the application cutoff time, be a resident of the United States or a legal permanent resident foreigner; have and keep a current educator or potentially executive licensure with the Arkansas Department of Education; be employed as a classroom instructor or executive in Arkansas and aim to proceed with such work in Arkansas; be taken on an endorsed organization of advanced education in Arkansas; be taken on a college-level course(s) straightforwardly identified with business; and have somewhere around a 2.50 aggregate GPA in the course(s) subsidized by the TOP Reimbursement Grant during the application time frame.
The Arkansas Department of Higher Education fills in as the authoritative staff for the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The Department works intimately with the public schools and colleges in Arkansas to advance advanced education across the state.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Arkansas Department of Education|
|Education Level||College students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Contest Deadline||June 1, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Be an Arkansas resident twelve (12) months prior to the application deadline;
- Be a citizen of the United States or permanent resident alien;
- Have and maintain a current teacher and/or administrator license with the Arkansas Department of Education;
- Be employed as a classroom teacher or administrator in Arkansas and declare the intention to continue such employment in Arkansas;
- Be enrolled in an approved institution of higher education in Arkansas;
- Be enrolled in a college-level course(s) directly related to employment;
- Have at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA in the course(s) funded by the TOP Reimbursement Grant during the application period.
How to Apply?
The qualified applicants are expected to complete the application form accessed through their ADHE YOUniversal account. If you don’t have an account yet, then create one and proceed with your application.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- College transcript for the semester(s) you are seeking reimbursement
- Itemized statement of charges for semester(s) you are seeking reimbursement
- Copy of your paid receipt for the semester(s) you are seeking reimbursement
The awarded amount will be based on the tuition, mandatory fees, books, and required supplies paid by the applicant for 6 college credit hours completed. Reimbursable fees are required of all students. Costs such as graduation fees, late fees, car registration fees, and mileage are not compensated. Awards may not exceed the cost of the Arkansas public institution evaluating the highest rate of tuition and mandatory fees or $3000, whichever is less.
The application period will run from October 1, 2021, until June 1, 2022. To not miss this golden chance, kindly submit your application form along with the required document on or before the application deadline. Your early entry might help you secure a better place in the program.