Global Holographic AR Technology Company WayRay is launching the True AR Challenge and Hackathon with a total prize fund of $160,000. The Challenge invites all AR, VR, mobile app developers and UI/UX designers to create ideas and designs for AR applications.
The most original ideas will receive cash prizes of $2,000, $3,000 or $5,000 and invites to the first-ever onsite True AR Hackathon organized by WayRay. The top three hackathon winners will be granted $10,000–$40,000.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All VR, AR, mobile app developers and UI/UX designers 18+ years of age, worldwide, including college students, indie creatives, studios and industry representatives.
- Individuals and teams — who will be potentially available to attend the US-based Hackathon later this year.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://wayray.com/sdk/challenge
If you are interested in participating in the Challenge, sign up via the given link:
- Enter your information into the PowerPoint template and make sure all fields are complete.
- Use the images to visualize your AR app interface. Attach the visuals you’ve created as additional slides to the PowerPoint.
- Optional: choose one or more (up to 3) videos of various road situations and create an animated version of your AR app interface.
- Upload your video(s) to any file hosting service and put the link into the template.
- Convert the PowerPoint template into a PDF.
- Download the challenge materials (the True AR Challenge rules and regulations, a PowerPoint application template, 3 images and 3 videos).
- Send the PDF file as an attachment to email@example.com. Make sure that the total email size does not exceed 25 MB.
A total of $160,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded throughout the True AR Challenge and Hackathon as following:
True AR Challenge
- Winners $5,000
- First Runners-up $3,000
- Second Runners-up $2,000
- $40,000: The most groundbreaking app will win the contest and bring its developer $40,000 as well as a True AR DevKit with Navion.
- $30,000: Second and third-place winners will get $20,000 and $10,000 respectively, in addition to Navion devices.
In addition to cash prizes, the top three winners of the True AR Hackathon will be awarded new Navion devices as soon as they enter mass production.
The Submission deadline is May 30, 2018.