The Thurgood Marshall College, in partnership with Apple, is proud to introduce the Apple HBCU Scholarships Program to outstanding students currently working towards a degree in an undergraduate, master’s, law, or PhD program. The program has been organized for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship will be awarded carefully to scholars who have technical skills such as analytical ability, ability to articulate ideas, ability to learn new concepts, and excellent verbal and written communication, along with cultural traits such as motivation, perseverance, critical thinking, etc. The students must be enrolled at any 4-year accredited HBCU in any degree level program to win this award. The award consists of a $15,000 merit scholarship and other benefits.
Established in 1987, The Thurgood Marshall College Fund is an American non-profit organization that supports and represents schools that include public historically black colleges and universities, medical schools, and law schools. Thurgood Marshall College Fund is dedicated to transforming students’ lives at historically black colleges and universities and predominantly black institutes. It ultimately helps talented students from diverse backgrounds to gain access to lifelong rewards.
|Organization||Thurgood Marshall College Fund and Apple|
|Education Level||Undergraduate, Master’s, Law, or PhD|
|Number of Awards||NA|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must be enrolled at a four-year accredited HBCU.
- The applicants can be public or private students.
- The applicants must be graduating between December 2022 and May 2024.
- The applicants must have prior internship, leadership, and/or tea projects experience.
- Must be able to participate in all program-related activities.
- Willing and able to spend 12 weeks interning during the summer months of May through August 2022.
- Must remain in good academic standing.
- Must not have any disciplinary infractions on academic record.
- Able to successfully complete all program requirements.
- Utilize Apple technology
How to Apply?
- The applicants need to apply for this scholarship by logging in to the TMCF account.
- After logging in, the students must specifically complete the Apple HBCU Scholars Program Application.
The selected students will be provided the following benefits as awards:
- They will be able to participate in an Apple HBCU Immersive experience in the spring semester of 2022.
- The applicants will get to participate in a 12-week internship during the summer of 2022.
- The applicants will be awarded a sum of $15,000 to help them defray costs such as tuition fees, mandatory fees, room and board, books and supplies, etc.
- The applicants will be able to participate in various leadership development activities to help prepare them for post-graduation careers.
- The applicants will also receive ongoing coaching and guidance from an experienced Apple employee.
The organization has not decided on any application deadline for this opportunity. The applications will remain open for an indefinite time period. However, candidates will continue to be assessed on a rolling basis for opportunities.