Use the APL programming language and your problem-solving skills to compete for cash prizes and a paid trip to the annual Dyalog user meeting in Northern Ireland, UK. APL is a programming language which can change the way you think about problems.
Applications are invited to the APL Problem Solving Competition. To be eligible, the applicants must be a full-time student at any primary or secondary school, college or graduate university and able to submit proof of full-time enrolment in a school or a university.
The winners will receive a cash prize of $2,500 for first prize, $1,250 for second prize and $750 for third prize. The top ten (10) Phase I submissions will each be awarded prizes of $100. Five (5) $200 prizes will be randomly awarded to eligible participants who submit a correct answer to any question set in Phase II.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This contest is open to everyone (except contest organizers and employees of Dyalog Ltd.).
- However, to be eligible for any of the cash prizes you must be a full-time student at any primary or secondary school, college or graduate university and able to submit proof of full-time enrolment in a school or a university.
- You can be on a sabbatical as long as you will be returning to full-time student status within a year.
- Non-students are welcome to submit solutions, but only students that can prove enrolment are eligible for the cash prizes.
How to Apply:
To participate in the competition, each applicant must:
- Register an account at dyalogaplcompetition.com.
- Use your problem-solving skills to complete the challenge by July 30, 2021.
- Applicants can only compete with one entry in the competition. However, each applicant is able to modify their solutions and solution file for each of the two phases of the competition.
- Applicants must apply individually.
- Applicants must provide truthful and accurate information regarding contact and personal information.
- All entry material should be presented and submitted in English.
- Applicants must ensure that all solutions and answers were produced and owned by the applicant.
- We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to the website after the competition is over, your submission and its contents may be used at the discretion of competition organizers.
- Only entries that are duly received by the closing date will be eligible for the judging. We cannot accept responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged. Proof of sending an online entry is not proof that we received it.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with these terms and all other rules and directions, or entries that are incomplete or illegible (at the sole discretion of the competition organizers) will be excluded from the competition.
- Travel costs up to $3,500 plus $500 for incidental expenses and all user meeting fees will be provided by Dyalog.
- Second prize: $1,250 cash prize
- Third prize: $750 cash prize
- Phase I prizes (10): The top 10 Phase I participants will each receive a $100 cash prize.
- Phase II prizes: 5 participants who submit at least one correct entry for Phase II of the competition will be randomly selected to receive a $200 cash prize.
- Non-student prize: One non-student participant will win complimentary registration and accommodation for the 2021 Dyalog user meeting.
The deadline for submission is Friday, July 30, 2021, at 23:59 UTC.