Public Broadcasting Service is organizing an Antiques Roadshow Appraisal Contest and all the residents of the fifty United States of America are eligible to participate. The candidates must attain the majority age criteria depending on their state of residence. The roadshow will be holding five, private, closed-set video recording productions in 2021. There is a limit of two entries per household and e-mail address. Antiques Roadshow will not accept more than two entries from the same e-mail address and the street address. And will not accept more than one entry for each item. Winners will be receiving only one prize regardless of the number of entries submitted by that Individual Contest Applicant. All the participants will have to fill in the required data on the online entry form. Incomplete forms will be declared void automatically.
The winning candidates’ list can go up to 130 in number. Participants who submit photos of their items, in conjunction with their accompanying information, that especially appeal to and amaze the interest of the producers of Antique Roadshow may be selected from all the valid entries with valid e-mail address received during the entry period which is May 10, 2021, to June 7, 2021. The winners will receive one invitation to the Production at which the Winner may receive one free appraisal of their selected items by an Antiques Roadshow expert, which appraisal may be recorded by Antique Roadshow.
Public Broadcasting Service is a membership organization that, in partnership with its member stations, serves the American public with programming and services of the highest quality using media to educate, inspire, entertain and express a diversity of perspectives. They aim to empower individuals to achieve potential and strengthen the social, democratic, and cultural health of the US. The company offers programming that expands the minds of children, documentaries that open up new worlds, non-commercialized news programs that keep citizens informed of world events and cultures and programs that expose America to the worlds of music, theatre, dance and art.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Public Broadcasting Service|
|Number of Awards||50|
|Application Deadline||June 7, 2021|
Who May be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria to be a participant in the contest are mentioned below:
- Only legal residents of the fifty United States of America, its territories and possessions, and the District of Colombia
- At the time of entering, the candidates must be above 18 years of age or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence.
- Applicants from Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years of age.
- Residents of Mississippi or Puerto Rico must be of at least 21 years.
Note: Officers. Directors, trustees, employees or agents of GBH, the Public Broadcasting Service, its local and/or member public television stations, Antique Roadshow’s national sponsors, or their respective parents, divisions, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, and promotional agencies and their immediate family members, or those living in same households, whether or not related, of such individuals are not eligible for the contest.
How to Apply?
For taking part in the contest, you have to fulfil the stated criteria:
- Only two entries per household and e-mail address will be allowed.
- Fill the application form online
- Fill all the questions in the application form, including a description of the items in twenty words, a brief story behind the item in 200 words, one photograph of the item that complies with the Antiques Roadshow upload criteria.
- Applicants may submit up to two entries for up to two different items.
- Must have internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
- Candidates must include their name, phone number, street address and a valid e-mail ID for each entry.
The winners’ list may go up to 130 candidates who may be selected to receive an invitation for Production where they may receive one free appraisal of their selected items by an Antiques Roadshow expert. The invitations won are not transferable. This is an opportunity to showcase your talent which should not be missed. Also, winning tickets to the Production event is a great advantage.
The applications open from May 10, 2021, and the last date to file your candidature is June 7, 2021. No candidature after the deadline will be entertained.