The winner of the annual community volunteer scholarship award will receive a $1,500 USD scholarship to use towards their tuition. At Dealhack, they believe that the involvement of the volunteer is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2019-2020 academic years.
- Applicants must be in good standing with their current academic institution.
- Exemplify outstanding community volunteer involvement.
- Applicants must have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
How to Apply & Competition Rules
- To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link https://dealhack.com/scholarship-application
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Students include the name, phone number, and
email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer
involvement. Questions include:
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
- The applicants have an opportunity to win 1,500 USD or the CAD equivalent according to xe.com
- The scholarship recipient is responsible for payment of any applicable state, provincial and / or federal taxes due to receipt of the scholarship.
- The name of scholarship recipients, school, picture, and description of their volunteer activity listed in the “recipients” section of the website.
The applicants must be submit their scholarship applications before the deadline date of June 30, 2019.