A unique career like poetry needs a lot of dedication and creativity. With the motive of appreciating the out of the box thinking of poetry students, Columbia College Chicago initiates different grants. Students pursuing poetry programs at Columbia College have a great chance of winning one of the scholarships offered to the poetry students. Columbia College has started the Andrew Ruzkowski Memorial Scholarship to help budding poets with their educational expenses.
The Andrew Ruzkowski Memorial Scholarship was established to award deserving poetry students by benefiting them with the scholarship fund. The university understands that a student gets pressurized due to the educational expenses and to serve some relief university drafts these funds. Students should use this scholarship fund for their tuition costs and other college expenses.
Columbia College Chicago offers undergraduate and graduate courses. The Columbia College Chicago principal is to provide a comprehensive educational opportunity in the arts, communications, and public information. Columbia College Chicago is one of the leading colleges with universally valuable academic programs. Columbia college intends to educate students who will communicate creatively and shape the public’s perceptions.
Who May Be Eligible?
Candidates should follow the below-given requirements to check their eligibility for the program:
- Students must be a full time, undergraduate, or graduate poetry student.
- The applicant should complete at least one full-time semester at Columbia College by the end of the Fall 2020 semester.
- The fellow must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on the scale of 4.0.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need as per Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How to Apply
Interested candidates can visit the official link to apply for the Andrew Ruzkowski Memorial Scholarship. Applicants should follow the instructions given in the form and should all their details accordingly. Applicants are requested to submit a complete application with all the necessary documents to be considered for the scholarship. Late applications are not considered for further process.
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application form:
- The applicant should submit an essay of 300-500 words. This essay should describe the reason you’re writing. The essay should be double spaced and must include the applicant’s name and MyColumbia ID number in the upper right corner of the essay page. Applicants should upload their essays in PDF, or Word Document, or Docx format.
- Individuals have to submit 8 to 10 pages of the applicant’s work samples. The pages of your poetry can have a hybrid element of prose and include the work of Andrew Ruzkowski. Applicants should upload their work samples in PDF, or Word Document, or Docx format.
- Students have to submit their updated resume. The resume should have the applicant’s name and MyColumbia ID number in the upper right corner of the page. Applicants should upload their resume in .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
- The fellow should submit their current Student Aid Report (SAR).
Winners will receive a scholarship fund worth $2,000 in spring 2021. This scholarship fund should be used for the educational expenses of the winner. It encourages poetry students to do better in their careers. The scholarship appreciates these creative minds and motivates them to grow their academic and poetry career with the best.
Application deadline for the Columbia College Chicago Andrew Ruzkowski Memorial Scholarship Spring 2021 is December 15, 2020.