American Meteorological Society (AMS) is now accepting applications for the AMS Graduate Fellowships. The fellowship is open to the students who are entering their first year of graduate school in the fall of 2019 and provide evidence of acceptance as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. institution at the time of the award.
The AMS Fellowship Program is a source of unique opportunities for outstanding students looking to pursue graduate education in the atmospheric or related sciences. The program helps these first-year graduate students to be educated about unique challenges facing the world so that they may better tackle real-world issues after graduation.
Fellowships come with several benefits that include financial support to maintain a full course load over the first year of graduate study, the opportunity to be special guests at the AMS Annual Meeting with exclusive events therein, and ongoing academic and career support from AMS.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible to apply for a fellowship, a student must be:
- Entering their first year of graduate school in the fall of 2019 and provide evidence of acceptance as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. institution at the time of the award.
- Pursuing a degree in the atmospheric or related sciences.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0-point scale.
- U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- No age restriction exists.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://apply.ametsoc.org/prog/ams_graduate_fellowship/
- Prospective candidates from the fields of atmospheric sciences, chemistry, computer sciences, engineering, environmental sciences, hydrology, mathematics, oceanography, and physics are encouraged to apply.
- A candidate must complete all sections of the application and upload all required supporting documents. With the completed application should be three written references, relevant official transcripts, and GRE Score reports.
- Applicants are responsible for keeping track of time to ensure that all stages of applying are complete in order for the application to submit on or before the deadline date
- A $25,000 stipend will be presented to each fellowship recipient for a nine-month period in the academic year.
- In addition, fellowship recipients will receive partial travel support to attend the AMS Annual Meeting.
All applications must be submitted by the deadline date of 11 January 2019.
If you have further questions, contact AMS Development and Student Program Manager Dfernandez@ametsoc.org