American University is a student-centered research institution located in Washington, DC. Their students distinguish themselves for their service, leadership, and ability to rethink global and domestic challenges and opportunities. It provides students with a rich educational experience that few universities can match.
American University acceptance rate is 35%. AU received 19,325 freshmen applications; 5,008 were admitted (25.9%) and 1,082 enrolled. It only takes one application to apply for their six schools and colleges and our more than 60 undergraduate majors. They have also introduced the new American University Experience (Aux) program, the First-Year Advising program, and the new AU Core Curriculum.
What GPA do you need to get into the American University?
The GPA requirement that really matters is the GPA you need for a real chance of getting in.
- The average GPA at American University is 3.66.
- With a GPA of 3.66, American University requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Is American University an Ivy League school?
- At American University, they pride their selves on our academic flexibility.
- Faculties at AU are both world-class academics and serious practitioners.
- Their professors teach, mentor, and invest in the success of every student.
American University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for American University?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into American University?
- The average ACT score composite at American University is a 28.
Is American University a prestigious school?
- American University, a Carnegie-classified research university, is deeply committed to creating knowledge, including creative and professional activity, in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and the professions.
- They strongly support research by our students and faculty.
- AU has over 240 recognized organizations on campus, ranging from political and social.
What is American University Best known for?
- They acquire a solid foundation in the liberal arts and pursue in-depth study in their chosen fields.
- The program is unique in that the courses are not typical lecture courses; instead, speakers from various sectors of a particular field are invited to address the class, often from different perspectives.
- At the undergraduate level, AUCI offers an entrepreneurship minor for all university majors and a specialization for business school students.
How much does it cost to go to American University?
- Cost of Attendance: $63,038
- Tuition and Fees: $46,615
- Room and Board: $14,702
- Books and Supplies: $800
- Other Expenses: $921
What majors are American University known for?
- The most popular majors at American University include International Relations and Affairs; Business Administration and Management, Political Science and Government, Mass Communication/Media Studies; and Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
- American University is also home to a unique program known as the Washington Semester Program.
- This program partners with institutions around the world to bring students to AU for a semester.
How much is tuition at American University?
- 1 credit: $2,500.003
- 3Credits: $4,578.006
- 6credits: $9,156.00
- 3 credits: $4,926.00
- 1credit: $2,600.00
Is American University a public or private school?
- The American University is a private United Methodist-affiliated research university in Washington, D. C., United States.
- The university has eight schools and colleges: the School of International Service, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Communication, School of Professional & Extended Studies, School of Public Affairs, School of Education, and the Washington College of Law.
- American University has a Panhellenic Association (PHA), Interfraternity Council (IFC), National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), and Multicultural Greek Council (MGC).
What is the SAT score required for American University?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to American University?
- The average SAT score composite at American University is 1320.