The American Legion is currently receiving applications for the Eagle Scout of the year for 2022. This program introduced for high school students and who are active members of Boy Scout Troop.
The Eagle Scout of the Year will also join other American Legion youth champions to be conducted at the 102nd American Legion national convention in Louisville, Ky. in late August.
The American Legion is a not-for-profit organization of U.S. war veterans formed on March 15, 1919, in Paris, France. It is the nation’s largest wartime veterans service organization committed to mentoring youth and sponsorship of wholesome programs in communities.
Who May Eligible
Interested students must take a glance over the eligibility criteria before applying:
- Must be an active member or registered in a Varsity Scout Team, Boy Scout troop or Venturing Crew join to an American Legion post, Auxiliary unit or sons of The American Legion squadron.
- Must be a member of, Varsity Scout Team, a chartered Boy Scout troop or Venturing Crew and dependent of an active Legionnaire Auxiliary or Sons member.
- Must be an Eagle Scout
- Must receive the appropriate Boy Scout religious emblem.
- Must demonstrate practical citizenship in school, Scouting, church, and community
- Must be 15 years of age and enrolled in a high school at the time of selection.
How to Apply
The applicants are required to submit an online application to be the Eagle Scout of the year 2020. To apply students must visit legion.org/scholarships.
- The Eagle Scout of the year will be granted a $10,000 scholarship award.
- A scholarship of $2,500 will be granted to three runner-ups.
Interested candidates may apply till March 1 2022.