The NSCDA is delighted to announce its American Indian Nurse Scholarship Program. The award is applicable for American Indians who are high school graduate at an accredited school with a major in the nursing program.
The grant is an initiative taken by the organization in order to assist scholars throughout their educational journey. The recipients will be able to cover their studies related purpose cost such as tuition, fees and books.
The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America is an American organization, including the women who are descended from an ancestor. The organization is combined with 45 corporate societies and over 15,000 members.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
To be eligible, the participants must review the below eligibility criteria:
- Must be 1/4 American Indian enrolled in a tribe.
- If the students are not enrolled, he/she will be considered on the proof of direct tribal ancestry.
- Must be high school graduates
- Must be enrolled in an accredited school
- Must be enrolled in the nursing program, having achieved excellent scholastic standing in pre-nursing or, enrolled in a health care or health education program
- Expected to graduate two years after enrollment if in an Associate Degree program
- Expected to graduate in four years if pursuing a B.S.
- Postgraduate students are eligible
- Must not be receiving an Indian Health Service Scholarship
- Should have a career goal directly related to the needs of the Indian people
How to Apply
The applicants can download the application form and submit it by mail to Dumbarton House Attn: Indian Nurse Scholarship 2715 Q Street N.W. Washington, D.C. 20007-3071.
- Must submit an official transcript, small photograph and biographical statement including educational background, financial need, career goals, extraordinary achievements or other pertinent information
A $1,500 scholarship each semester, as long as the student maintains good academic standing will be granted by the NSCDA.
The application deadline for the fall semester is 1st June and for spring semester is 1st December.