American Geosciences Institute (AGI) is sponsoring a photography contest to celebrate Earth Science Week 2018. The photography contest is open to interested persons of any age. You must be a resident of the United States or an international member of an AGI Member Society or an AGI International Associate Society to enter.
The winner will receive a prize of $300 USD, a copy of AGI’s The Geoscience Handbook, and his or her photograph will be used on the Earth Science Week Website. The winner’s and finalists’ names will be posted on the Earth Science Week Website.
The photography theme for this year is: “Inspired by Earth.”
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The photography contest is open to interested persons of any age.
- You must be a resident of the United States or an international member of an AGI Member Society or an AGI International Associate Society to
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit electronically along with photographs, to email@example.com with the subject heading as “ESW 2018 Photography Contest.”
All mailed entry forms must be sent to- Earth Science Week 2018 Photography Contest, American Geosciences Institute, 4220 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302-1502 USA.
- You must submit a completed and signed the entry form.
- You may mail the form separately to the address above, or scan the completed form and send it electronically along with your photograph.
- If you mail the entry form separately, indicate the date when you sent your photograph electronically.
- No submission without an entry form will be considered.
- Entries must be composed of original, authentic, unpublished material and must be the sole property of the entrant, not previously submitted to any other contest.
- Published material includes that which has been posted on the World Wide Web. This includes, but is not limited to, Facebook, or any other social network Website where photos have been posted and shared.
- The photography contest is limited to one submission per entrant. A valid submission will contain the following information:
- One photograph focusing on the topic “Inspired by Earth.”
- Each photograph must be original, authentic, unpublished, taken or created by the entrant, the sole property and work of the entrant, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
- Your personal information and a brief one- to the two-sentence caption in English explaining your entry. This information should be sent in an email along with your photograph:
- First and last name
Address (street, city, state, postal code, country)
The caption explaining your entry (exact location featured in entry photo, a natural feature displayed in photo, when the photo was taken)
- A completed and signed the entry form. Print out the entry form here and mail it to us or submit your entry form electronically by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries cannot be accepted without a signed entry form. NOTE: If a person under the age of 18 appears in the photograph, the parental consent line on the entry form must be signed by the child’s parent or guardian.
- Submissions must be submitted electronically as a JPEG, TIFF, PNG, or GIF file.
- Electronic files must be at least 300 dpi (or 1500 x 1500 pixels).
- Entry forms may be submitted electronically, by mail, or by fax.
- Fill out your form, including the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Electronically submitted entry forms must be scanned and sent, along with photographs, to email@example.com the subject heading as “ESW 2018 Photography Contest.”
- The winner will receive a prize of $300 USD
- The winner’s and finalists’ names will be posted on the Earth Science Week Website.
All eligible submissions must be received electronically by 5 p.m. ET, Friday, October 19, 2018.
If you have any problems submitting your photograph, e-mail the Earth Science Week staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.