Do you belong to Native Hawaiian Ancestry and pursue a vocational or technical education program to meet the living wage? The Native Hawaiian Education Association is glad to provide such students with an authentic Alu Like Scholarship to support them through their Educational program and meet their daily needs. The Alu Like Scholarship is an utterly need-based scholarship designed for students going through hard times to meet their daily requirements. The scholarship of $1,500 will be awarded to the deserving students enrolled in vocational or technical education programs and seek financial assistance. The scholarship is flexible for the students from the State of Hawai‘i.
This scholarship aims to support, encourage and inspire the students. And help them to get through their difficulties by seeking higher education. The works to raise the students belonging from the low economic status and make education affordable to them to improve their living standards. Their vision is to provide equal educational opportunities to all students.
The Native Hawaiian Education Association was established in 1998 with its first convention on the island of Maui. Since its adoption, the NHEA facilitates a network of Hawaiian educators to attend to the various educational issues which challenge the Hawaiian population and is designed to be an autonomous umbrella organization for Hawaiian education and Hawaiian educators. It is a grassroots organization that focuses on supporting, encouraging, networking, collaborating, and furthering the work of its task to educate the Native Hawaiian children.
Table of Contents
Please go through the table below to get more information about the scholarship:
|Organization||Native Hawaiian Education Association|
|Educational Level||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Subjects||Vocational or technical education program|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly go through the mention is the eligibility requirements :
- The fellow must be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- The candidate must be a resident of the State of Hawai‘i
- The fellow should have received a High School Diploma or equivalent
- The fellow must not be currently receiving any Kamehameha Schools financial aid for post-secondary education
- The candidate should maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- The fellow must be enrolled at least for half-time in a vocational degree or certification program in one of the approved educational institutions in Hawai‘i listed on the application.
- The scholarship is knot eligible for the students with Baccalaureate, Graduate, or Professional Degrees
- The candidate must need financial assistance
- The candidate should be involved in extracurricular activities and community services.
How to Apply
The applicant should provide the complete application, accompanied by the required documents. The candidate must provide the complete application with valid information, as the incomplete or invalid information may lead to rejection. The submission must be made through the online process. The fellow should provide the application before the deadline as the late submission will directly be rejected.
Please provide the enlisted documents along with the application to receive the reward:
- The candidate should provide the complete application
- The fellow must submit proof of acceptance for vocational or technical education program
- The candidate must demonstrate the need for financial support
- The students must enlist the community services and extracurricular activities involved
- The fellow should provide proof of residence
The provided scholarship will raise the interest of the student in academics and also the other curricular activities. This fund should only be utilized to pay the fees, educational expenses, tuition fees, and other curriculum-related expenses. The application process for this scholarship is easy. A $1,500 scholarship will be provided to the students to reduce their educational expenses.
All the submissions are currently accepted, so begin with your application process immediately to receive the reward.