Alltech is an American company, delighted to announce the Alltech Young Scientist (AYS) Competition. The competition challenges the world’s brightest graduate students to apply their scientific expertise to challenges within the business of agriculture and food.
The AYS Competition is now open exclusively to university graduate students (Master and Ph.D. level). They welcome other budding scientists, from kindergarten to undergraduate students, to engage with them on Facebook and Instagram, where they will feature special contests and other exciting content.
Through this competition, they aim to build a community of innovative agri-scientists and encourage them to pursue careers in agriculture.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- You must be a current graduate student in the process of completing your Master or Ph.D. degree
- Applicants must have a degree in one of the areas of interest noted below.
- Animal Feeding Strategies and Modeling
- Crop Science
- Agriculture Analytical Methods
- Food Chain Safety and Traceability
- Human Health and Nutrition
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link http://education.alltech.com/alltech-young-scientist/how-participate
- You must be nominated by your professor in order to participate.
- Entrants must write a scientific paper that meets the following requirements:
- The paper should focus on one of the topics in the document.
- Additional topics may be submitted for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The paper must be original and unpublished.
- The paper must be written in English.
- The paper must include a summary with a maximum of 250 words.
- The paper must include the following sections: Summary, Introduction, Materials, Results, Discussions, and
- Undergraduate papers should be 3000-3500 words. Graduate papers should be 3000-5000 words.
- In both cases, the summary and references are not included in the word count. Papers that continue beyond the given word count may not be considered.
- The following papers are not accepted:
- Papers submitted by students without a professor’s nomination
- Plagiarized papers
- Published papers
- Review papers
- Papers must be submitted online in Microsoft Word format.
- Students first compete within their home region. They identify four regions globally: North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Europe/Africa.
- The top students from each region are awarded cash prizes and certificates.
The 1st place winner from each region advances to the Global Competition and is referred to as an ‘AYS finalist’.
- Regional 1st Place Prize (Graduate): $2000 Cash USD
- Regional 2nd Place Prize (Graduate): $1000 Cash USD
- Global finals: The AYS finalists from all four regions are invited to attend an all-expense-paid Discovery Week in Lexington, Kentucky, USA. This trip includes mentoring sessions with Alltech scientists, the global competition and the opportunity to attend one: The Alltech Ideas Conference.
- Global Graduate 1st Place Prize: $10,000 Cash USD
The Registration Deadline is December 31, 2018, at 11:59 PM EDT
If you have any questions, email email@example.com