The Alliance for Women Media Foundation is now announcing a range of scholarships including “Celebrate the Past, Support the Future,” “NCTA & AWMF Scholarship,” “Ford Emerging Voices Scholarship, for students. These scholarships are a way to support women in media all across the nation. The eligibility requirements vary from one scholarship to another.
Scholarships are extremely useful to students who have financial problems restraining them from taking the course they want. Moreover, these awards decrease the number and amount of loans students need to take to complete higher education. It is a well-known fact that students accumulate huge loan debts by the time they graduate, and scholarships can help reduce this burden. Also, a scholarship can add to state and federal financial assistance. Lots of students do not qualify for federal aid, so these scholarships can act as a replacement since states and colleges have become increasingly focused on getting high-income, high-achieving students to attend their institutions or to remain in-state. Additionally, scholarships can fill the income level gap among students.
The Alliance for Women in Media Foundation is an organization by the women, for the women. They believe that behind every great woman, there is a great organization, and they are committed to supporting women across all media segments so that they can expand networks, educate and celebrate accomplishments. The Alliance for Women in Media’s purpose is to bring talented, established, dedicated, and up-and-coming women in media together through recognition events and professional development. Their members benefit from shared ideas and experiences while receiving access to professional training and acknowledgment. Their mission is to connect, recognize and inspire all women across the media industry, and they have been doing the same for six decades.
Refer to the below table for more details of the scholarship:
|Organization||Alliance for Women in Media Foundation|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||Varies according to requirements|
|Requirement||Varies according to requirements|
Who May Be Eligible?
- Varies according to requirements, but all scholarship is for women in media
How to Apply
Candidates can access the official website, check the requirements, and complete the application online.
- Varies according to requirements
- Celebrate the Past, Support the Future – nearly $20,000 annually
- NCTA & AWMF Scholarship – featured in NCTA and AWMF media distribution channels, a scholarship for the educational institution for $5,000, and a ticket to attend the Gracies Leadership Awards in the Fall of 2021
- Ford Emerging Voices Scholarship – $5,000 scholarship and the opportunity to be mentored by an Alliance for Women in Media Board member
- Ford Empowering America Scholarship – $5,000 scholarship, the opportunity to work with the Ford Motor Company Fund to conduct interviews as part of the Faces of Ford Fund program and featured on AWM’s website and social networks
- Loreen Arbus Foundation & AWMF Scholarship – $2,500 scholarship, a ticket to attend an upcoming AWM event and featured on the AWM website
- The ESPN Scholarship – two $3,750 educational scholarships, complimentary tickets to attend the Gracies Luncheon event in June 2021, and a chance to write up to two blog posts to be published on the AWM website
- NCTA Gracie Awards Scholarship – funding that will go toward the cost of entries for five student entrants and five non-student entrants for the 2021 Gracie Awards
- Celebrate the Past, Support the Future – June 11, 2021
- NCTA & AWMF Scholarship – June 11, 2021
- Ford Emerging Voices Scholarship – June 11, 2021
- Ford Empowering America Scholarship – June 11, 2021
- Loreen Arbus Foundation & AWMF Scholarship – June 11, 2021
- The ESPN Scholarship – December 4, 2020 (completed)
- NCTA Gracie Awards Scholarship – completed