The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is delighted to announce AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science Program. This program is open to the female applicants who hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline including applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering.
AIMS invite applications from outstanding female African and non-African scientists whose research seeks to elucidate the scale and causes of climate change, predict climatic conditions, especially at small temporal and spatial scales, and develop and apply novel strategies for climate change adaptation and mitigation.
Who May Eligible:
- To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be a female
- Hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering
- Demonstrate significant evidence of excellent, self-initiated and self-directed research in climate change science
- Have at least two (2) years of postdoctoral experience
- Have experience supervising Master’s and/or Ph.D. students; and
- Be able to take up the Chair by the end of 2018.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWSLcxBL5H9oyMWdcsg38x12xeFfYMJFZs9Zrf8vf78QnDTg/viewform
- Complete and submit by the 25th November 2018, 23:59 CAT, the online application form to which the following documents should be attached:
- A completed research proposal form
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- An electronic copy of three representative publications in climate change science where the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
- Three referees should email confidential letters of support directly to email@example.com with the subject line “MS4CR chair application support letter – first and last name of candidate” on or before the application deadline
Each Chair will be provided up to USD 970,000 over a four-year period and tasked with executing a world-class research program able to contribute significantly towards building both the human capital and the scientific knowledge base required to solve important climate change-related problems in Africa and beyond.
The application will close on November 25, 2018, 23:59 CAT.
Questions about this position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org