- July 11, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Student Competitions
The NPO Asian Institute of Low Carbon Design (AILCD) is pleased to invite students to take part in the 8th AILCD International Student Design Competition. The competition addresses the problem of urban shrinkage in the Wakamatsu – Tobata area.
The theme for this year is “Beyond Growth – Bridging Wakamatsu + Tobata”.
This Design Competition is open to all Graduate (Master and Ph.D. students) and Undergraduate students from all over the world. The competition asks the students to re-design the urban landscape and to make a proposal for a low carbon urban project within this area.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students from all over the world can participate in the competition.
- Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and Ph.D. students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related disciplines are accepted.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
For registration, send an e-mail to email@example.com with all supporting documents.
- Team and individual entries are accepted.
- Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
- You can choose the whole area covering both old centers of the Wakamatsu and the Tobata area or only one specific part, for example, 2 or 3 sites within the same competition site area as the site for your proposal.
- All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
- urban shrinkage
- low carbon city concept
- overall sustainable concept
- green space design
- usage of renewable energy systems
- sustainable transport systems
- connection to the surrounding area
- For registration, send an e-mail, containing;
- names of all participants of your team, individual entries are accepted as well
- name of the university including a name of faculty and/or department
- e-mail address of the team’s head student
- Digital form: 4 (four) A2 panels (JPEG files) and 1 (one) PDF file containing the project statement (A4, 2 pages) in English.
- Panel size: A2 (594mm x 420mm) (landscape format = horizontal orientation)
- The boards should contain project concept, diagrams, plans, sections, perspectives, and photographs, all in English.
- Entries must contain the registration digit in the lower right corner on all boards (18pt). No names of participants or affiliations are allowed on the boards.
- Proposals shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one e-mail should not exceed 10MB (e-mails over 10Mb can’t be retrieved). If the size of the e-mail exceeds 10MB send the files by separated e-mails.
- Filename: the registration number followed by page number 01, 02, 03 and 04, and 05 for the project statement, ex. WKTC18001-01, WKTC18001-02, etc.
- First Prize: 50,000 Yen and a certificate
- Second Prize: 30,000 Yen and a certificate
- Third Prize: 10,000 Yen and a certificate
- 7 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
The registration deadline is November 1, 2018.