Are you looking for some funds to reduce your financial stress? Everyone needs some financial support to relieve their educational costs pressure. To make the process easy and help the majority of students AIA Buffalo / WNY is introducing its worthy AIA Buffalo / WNY 2020 Scholarship. The scholarship is open to College/University students who meet academic requirements and are enrolled in a NAAB-accredited architecture program or enrolled in a program that has received NAAB ‘Candidacy’ status. Applicants must be from the AIA Buffalo/Western New York Chapter which is comprised of Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Orleans, Genesee, and Wyoming Counties.
The goal of these scholarships is to reduce the financial burden on the students and make education accessible for everyone. The firm understands that the rising costs of education in the country are making it difficult for students who lack financial stability. To reduce that pressure and help students to make full of their academic years, these scholarships have been initiated. The simple application process makes it accessible for the majority of students.
The American Institute of Architects has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857. The AIA serves as the voice of the architecture profession and a resource for our members in service to society. The organization carries out its goal through advocacy, information, and community. Each year the AIA sponsors hundreds of continuing education experiences to help architects maintain their licensure. It also sets the industry standard in contract documents with more than 100 forms and contracts used in the design and construction industry.
Know more about the scholarship in the table below:
|Educational Level||College or university students|
|Number of Awards||Not defined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||October 30, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, Transcript, Essay|
Who May Be Eligible?
Excited to apply? Check the eligibility requirements set by the firm mentioned below:
- Applicant must have graduated from a high-school within the AIA Buffalo/Western New York Chapter which is comprised of all Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Orleans, Genesee, and Wyoming Counties.
- The fellow must be enrolled in a NAAB accredited architecture program, or enrolled in a program that has received NAAB ‘Candidacy’ status.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the aforementioned program in the Academic Year 2020/2021. Please note: All scholarship monies must be used towards education in the Academic Year 2020/2021.
- Applicant must meet the following enrollment requirements: At least one year of completed course work in a B.Arch program OR one semester in the M.Arch program.
How to Apply
The application process is straightforward. Applicants should download the application and fill it with all the required details and documents. Candidates should provide all the necessary documents as described in the application. No incomplete or inadequate applications will be entertained for the award. Please submit the applications after completion digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Scholarship Application and your last name in the subject line when submitting.
- Your resume should include educational background, architectural qualifications, relevant work experience (if any), architecture competitions, activities, and information. Please limit to two pages.
- Prepare a typewritten essay of 500 words maximum on a topic related to the built environment.
LETTERS OF REFERENCE:
- Provide two letters, (1) one must be from a current professor, the other can be from a faculty advisor, employer, or supervisor that can attest to your architecture interests and/or experience.
- These people may not be relatives.
- Letters should be written to the attention of the 2020/2021 AIA Buffalo/WNY Scholarship Committee.
The AIA Buffalo/WNY Chapter with the Buffalo Architecture Foundation will dispense up to $4,500 in scholarship funding for the Academic Year. The amounts awarded will depend on the quantity and quality of applicants and will be applied to the Academic Year. The AIA Buffalo/WNY Chapter scholarship is partially funded by a grant from AIA National. It motivates the students to do better in their architecture careers and encourages them to maintain a good academic record.
Applications should be submitted before October 30, 2020. No late or incomplete applications will be entertained. So, be quick to apply.