Do you know about the AHIMA Merit scholarships? AHIMA Foundation offers four levels of merit scholarships depending upon the program you are enrolled in. Along with merit scholarships, the foundation is also offering veterans scholarship and dissertation scholarship. The AHIMA Foundation attracts new talent to the health information management field by supporting current and future health information professionals’ scholarship opportunities. Candidates should be current members of the American health information management association and actively enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours towards pursuing a degree. Each scholarship requirements and benefits are different.
The motive of the foundation behind these programs is to attract deserving and highly talented students towards the health information field. These programs aim to provide all the needed support to the deserving students to level up their careers and perform excellently in their fields of study. These scholarships help students in their academic expenses by providing the needed funds. All these scholarships encourage students to improve their academic scores.
The AHIMA Foundation is dedicated to an awareness of the needs of public health, recognizing that health information is human information. Through the generous support of the donors, they provide resources that help families make informed health decisions, provide education and training to emerging health information professionals and conduct research to expand access to health information career opportunities. Founded in 1962 and established as a nonprofit organization in 1997, the AHIMA Foundation is dedicated to an awareness of the needs of public health, recognizing that health information is human information. The AHIMA Foundation provides information to guide personal health decisions, research to develop healthcare system policies and continuous training to equip inspiring and current health information professionals.
|Educational Level||Undergraduate students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||September 30, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility requirements for each scholarship program differs, here are some mandatory requirements:
- Candidates should be a current member of the American Health Information Management Association.
- Applicant should be actively enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours towards pursuing a degree.
- The fellow should have completed 24 credit hours towards a degree (for graduate degree applicants, including undergraduate credit hours).
- The applicant should have at least six (6) credit hours remaining after the award date (after December 30).
- An individual should have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) based on the most recently completed 24 credit hours.
- The fellow should not have been awarded any AHIMA Foundation scholarship for the academic degree being sought through the application.
How to Apply
Only the eligible candidates should apply for the program through the specific form of the scholarship they are eligible with. Candidates should submit all the required details and the documents with caution. Late or incomplete documents will not be considered for any scholarship. All the required details should be adequately provided through the same form. All the other materials required for the scholarship should be provided with concern.
The benefits of each program differ. Benefits of Merit scholarships according to the degrees are given below:
- Associate’s degree: $1000
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post Baccalaureate Certificate: $1500
- Master’s Degree: $2000
- Doctoral Degree: $2500
All the applications should be sent before or on September 30, 2020.