The Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship is currently open for the year 2020. The program is introduced by the POISE Foundation for the U.S. students recently accepted or enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States. Applicants also need to be a current NAACP member to apply.
The award is created in the memory of the late Agnes Jones Jackson who was a long time NAACP member. The program aims to assist passionate students who are looking forward to accomplishing their studies but are not capable of it due to financial needs. The committee will provide funds to help them complete their education.
The POISE Foundation was established with a mission of assisting the Black community in achieving self-sustaining practices, through strategic leadership, collective giving, grant-making, and advocacy. It receives funds from a variety of donors and uses it for specific charitable purposes.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
Interested applicants must take a look over the given criteria in order to be applicable:
- Must be current members of the NAACP.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must not have reached 25 years of age by the application deadline.
- Must be currently enrolled or accepted to an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Must demonstrate financial need based on the federal poverty guidelines.
- Graduating High School Seniors and Undergraduate Students must be a full-time student.
- Must have a grade point average of 2.5 (C+) on a 4.0 system.
- Graduate Students may be a full or part-time student.
- Must have a 3.0 (B) average on a 4.0 system
- Members of the National NAACP Board of Directors, SCF Trustees, and National Youth Work Committee, the Scholarship Selection Committee, employees and their spouses or families to the first degree of consanguinity are not eligible.
How to Apply
The foundation is receiving applications for the Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship program electronically. Eligible students are asked to create a new account or login into the existing one and also provide the required information to get consideration for the award
The POISE Foundation is distributing a total of twenty (20) to Forty (40) scholarships of the maximum amount of $2,000.00 for the deserving and needy students. The grants will play an essential role to cover up many educational purposes.
The applications are open to apply until the deadline of Friday, July 17th, 2020.