American Geosciences Institute is sponsoring an essay contest to celebrate Earth Science Week 2018. The essay contest is open to any interested person in grades 6-9. You must also be a resident of the United States to enter.
The essay theme for this year is: “Finding ‘Art’ on Earth”. The selected entry will win $300 and a copy of AGI’s The Geoscience Handbook.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The essay contest is open to any interested person in grades 6-9.
- You must also be a resident of the United States to enter.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit through the mail to the given address-
Earth Science Week 2018 Essay Contest
American Geosciences Institute
4220 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302-1502
- The essay must be no more than 300 words. Longer essays will be rejected unread.
- A valid submission will contain the following information:
- A typed essay in English of no more than 300 words, focusing on the topic “Earth as Inspiration.”
- Each essay must be original, authentic, unpublished, the sole property of the entrant, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
- Your personal information, printed at the top of the essay:
- First and last name (as it appears on your entry form)
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Word count of the essay
- A completed and signed the entry form.
- Entries cannot be accepted without a signed entry form.
- Entry forms may be submitted electronically or by mail
- The selected entry will win $300 and a copy of AGI’s The Geoscience Handbook.
- The winner’s and finalists’ names and entries will be posted on the Earth Science Week website.
The deadline for emailing your entry form is 5 p.m. ET, Friday, October 19, 2018.
If you have any problems submitting your essay, E-mail the Earth Science Week staff at email@example.com.