Western State Bank and American Implement have come forth to extend a helping hand to the high school seniors. They’ve come together to offer scholarships to the Western Kansas Area High school Seniors. This scholarship is available to students who wish to pursue careers in agriculture-related fields. Students who have a goal to work within the agriculture field including areas like agricultural Business, Agricultural Communications, Economics, Food Science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Animal Science and various such fields can avail of this scholarship program.
The aim of offering this scholarship is to support the future of the agricultural industry. By providing this scholarship, the sponsors aim to contribute to students’ education and help them reach their goals. This scholarship will benefit students with their educational expenses. With financial support, students will be able to focus solely on their education and reach their goals without any hurdles in their paths.
Western State Bank is a family-owned bank that serves within seven Western Kansas communities. Their Financial Professionals dedicated team guides their clients in pursuit of their financial goals and offers personal and business solutions to them. They’ve pledged to support their community financially. They work as a bridge between sponsors who wish to contribute to their society and the people who seek financial help.
Candidates must check the table below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||Western State Bank|
|Educational Level||High school senior|
|Number of Awards||10|
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, essay/video, reference letter and transcript.|
Who May Be Eligible
Eligibility criteria for the Ag Future Scholarship are mentioned below:
- High school senior graduating from the following counties: Kansas – Cheyenne, Clark, Finney, Ford, Gove, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Lane, Logan, Meade, Morton, Rawlins, Scott, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Stanton, Stevens, Thomas, Wallace, Wichita; Colorado – Baca
- Students who have a goal of working within the agricultural industry and pursuing further education in an agriculture-related field are eligible.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater to be eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested students can apply through website, email, in-person or the mail. Students applying through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the full name and “Ag Future Scholarships” in the subject line. Applicants submitting their applications through mail can submit their application at the following address:
Western State Bank
RE: Ag Future Scholarship Program
1500 E. Kansas Ave
Garden City, KS, 67846.
Students must follow the deadlines strictly. Any late or incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Two letters of reference must be attached with the application form. Letters must speak to the applicant’s interest and passion for agriculture.
- Applicants must submit their current official high school transcript with the application.
- Candidates must attach a picture of themselves with the application.
- Fellows must submit a written essay of 500 – 700 words OR a video of 3 – 4 minutes. This essay/video should focus on the applicant’s top three reasons they are passionate about agriculture and how they see themselves influencing agriculture’s future with their career of choice.
Ten winners will be announced for the Ag Future Scholarship. These ten winners will be provided with a scholarship fund of $1,000 each. These scholarships encourage students to achieve success in their careers. And helps them focus on their academics without having any financial stress.
Applications are currently open. Students can start applying as soon as possible. The deadline for the Ag Future Scholarship is on April 15, 2021.