The Americanism Educational Leaders and Pepperdine University Libraries is now providing AEL Collegiate Essay Contest program. The contest is available for students who must be undergraduate college or university student in United States.
This competition is an opportunity for students to express equally strong faith in American extravagance. The total award amount of this contest is $5000.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students must be a U.S. citizen.
- Students must be recognized four-year U.S. as a student of a current undergraduate college or university.
- Incoming first-year students and college students who graduated the year of the competition (i.e., January-June 2019 for the 2019 essay competition) are eligible to apply.
How to Apply & Competition Rules
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link https://infoguides.pepperdine.edu/ld.php?content_id=46001655
- Essay should be between 1,500-2,000 words, including any footnotes or bibliographic citations.
- If any external sources are referenced in the essay, they should be cited in the bibliography using correct MLA or Chicago style citations.
- The essay should be attached as a Microsoft Word Document with the filename “LastName_FirstName AEL essay” (For example, if your name is Jane Smith, the file name will be “Smith_Jane AEL essay.docx”).
- This entry form should be filled out electronically or scanned as a PDF and saved with the filename “LastName_FirstName AEL entry” (For example, if your name is Jane Smith, the file name will be “Smith_Jane AEL entry.pdf”).
- The University Libraries will be awarded total award amount of $5000 as a First Prize is $2,500, second Prize $1,500, Third Prize $1,000.
All application must be submit completed submission packet (essay and entry form) as an email with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of June 30th, 2019, 11:59 PM