- October 24, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Developing Countries, Fellowships
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is now acting applications for the ACU Blue Charter Fellowships. These fellowships are available to the applicants who must be Ph.D. students or post-PhD research staff at ACU member institutions in any Commonwealth country.
These fellowships will support world-class research and innovation in marine plastics and help fulfill the objectives of the Commonwealth Marine Plastics Research and Innovation Framework.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be Ph.D. students or post-PhD research staff at ACU member institutions in any Commonwealth country.
- Applications from early career researchers (ECRs) are particularly welcomed. Early career is defined as current Ph.D. students, researchers up to 10 years post-PhD, and also researchers who are returning to academic work following a career break.
- Applicants from any discipline will be considered, as long as they can demonstrate how their work relates to the topic.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to do register through the given link:
- As part of the application, applicants must submit the following:
- Reference from their home university head of department/supervisor
- Letter of support from their host university or industry collaborator/supervisor
- They must also respond to the following questions:
- Summaries the collaborative work you plan to carry out during the fellowship. This should be written for an audience without prior knowledge of the subject, and must not be overly technical. Any abbreviations or specialist terms must be explained. (200-300 words)
- If this is an existing collaboration, briefly describe the work carried out to date (100-150 words)
- Describe how the work carried out during and after the fellowship will contribute to the Commonwealth Blue Charter (100-150 words)
- What motivates you to apply for the fellowship, and why did you choose your current field of research? (100-150 words)
- Describe the likely impact of your research globally, nationally and locally. Think about who will benefit from the work, considering both academic and social impact. (200-300 words)
- List the planned outcomes and outputs of the fellowship. This could be in the form of journal articles, conference participation, grant applications, media, community or policy engagement, exchange agreements with your host institution, etc. (50-150 words)
- Fellows are expected to be highly skilled and motivated researchers whose proposed research topic is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to wider impact beyond the academic community.
- Applicants must submit proof that the host institution is happy to host their fellowship as part of the application process.
- The fellowship must take place at an ACU member institution, or in industry, outside the fellow’s country of residence.
- Fellows will receive a grant of up to £8000 GBP to cover travel, accommodation, sustenance, travel insurance, vaccinations, and visa costs.
- All fellows will also receive a research grant of £2000 GBP for research costs – this can include conference participation – associated with the fellowship.
- They will also have the opportunity to participate in the ACU Fellows’ alumni scheme.
Complete the online application form by Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at 23:59 GMT.
For any queries about the fellowships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org