The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is glad to announce the International Student Award. This award is open to the students from countries outside of the United States to help them attend ACSM’s 2019 ACSM Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida, USA.
The International Student Award will help fund travel expenses for those traveling to the ACSM Annual Meeting to present their scholarly work. There are three to six awards will be given in 2019 and the award recipients will receive $1,000 USD.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be a student at the time of the 2019 ACSM Annual Meeting and must not hold a completed doctoral degree of any type (Ph.D., Ed.D., M.D., DPH, etc.) at the time of application. Previous International Student Award winners are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be ACSM members in good standing.
- Applicants must have been accepted to present research at the 2019 ACSM Annual Meeting. Applicants should be the first author of the accepted abstract and should plan to personally present the research.
- Applicants may not be residents of the United States.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must download the application form and submit it with all required documents to email@example.com.
- PDF Version: Download the 2019 International Student Award application in PDF format.
- Word Version: Download the 2019 International Student Award application in Word format.
- A copy of the applicant’s expanded abstract: three pages maximum (including title and authors), 10 point font, double-spaced, and should list ‘key’ reference citations.
- Abstracts not adhering to the format requirements will not be reviewed
- A signed “Supervisor/Department Chair Confirmation Form” (below), confirming that the applicant is, and will still be, a student at the time of the Annual Meeting and,
- Current mailing address, E-mail address, and telephone number.
Award recipients will receive $1,000 USD to assist with travel costs for attending ACSM’s 2019 Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine.
The application deadlines are:
- November 1, 2018
- February 1, 2019