The Asian Civilizations Museum (ACM) is delighted to announce Research Fellowship Grant 2019. The fellowship is open to the applicants who should have a Ph.D., or if in the final stages of their dissertation, should have a Ph.D.
Overseas scholars will receive a one-time relocation allowance of S$3,000, which includes airfare allowance. The relocation allowance will be issued to the research fellow within the first week after the start of the fellowship.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should have a Ph.D., or if in the final stages of their dissertation, should have a Ph.D. by the time they begin their fellowship if it is awarded to them.
- Applicants should have completed the bulk of their fieldwork on their proposed projects, and be able to write and present papers in English
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, in this fellowship applicants must download the application form and submit with the other supporting documents electronically to email@example.com.
- Attachments should not exceed 5MB.
- The Asian Civilizations Museum (ACM) invites post-doctoral scholars to apply for fellowships in the following:
- Material Studies
- Material Culture Studies
- Museological Studies
- Singapore Community Heritage
- Peranakan / Mixed heritage Research
- Cities/Urban Studies
- Intangible Cultural Heritage
- The research proposal should be no more than 2,000 words.
- It should clearly outline the area of study and justify how the proposal is relevant to the field, the ACM, and the researcher’s own work.
- If the proposal is part of a larger project or a collaborative work with another scholar or institution, this should be explained in the application.
- They value multi-disciplinary work, cross-cultural studies, and research on ongoing projects at ACM.
- Research related to the collections at the ACM is preferred.
- The application package should include:
- Completed application form
- Research title and proposal
- A clear scan of the certificate of a doctoral degree and, if the document is not in English, an official translation from the issuing university
- Recommendations from two referees in support of the application and research proposal.
- The referee should state how long and in what capacity he/she has known the applicant and evaluate the scholarly merit of the proposed research project, as well as the applicant’s research potential.
- Referees may also send the letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ACMF2019_<name of applicant>”.
- One writing sample or copy of a chapter of the dissertation in English.
- The monthly stipend for overseas researchers is S$5,000.
- Overseas researchers are also offered a one-time grant of S$3,000 as a relocation allowance.
- Researchers who are based in Singapore will receive a monthly stipend of S$3,500.
- Research fellows will be taxed for all stipends received during the fellowship, including the relocation stipend
Applications will close on December 15, 2018.
For inquiries, contact the ACM’s Research Unit at email@example.com.