AAUW San Antonio branch is offering a scholarship to the women who are currently pursuing their graduation or higher degrees. To be eligible, the applicants must be residents of any of the mentioned counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson. To apply, submit an essay, letter of recommendation, an official transcript, a cover sheet including name, address, phone numbers, email address, the degree you are seeking, name of the university, and name of hours completed towards a degree. The application process is open till February 5, 2022.
With this scholarship, you can get into the best colleges and achieve your goals. The winning candidates will get a monetary reward of $2000 to aid their education. It is an excellent opportunity to follow your passion and pursue your dreams. The scholarship will help you to lighten the burden of your family. AAUW is pleased to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities, and leadership roles in the future.
The mission of AAUW San Antonio is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. Their strategic plan focuses on four areas of work that follow AAUW National and Texas priorities and strategies. These are Education and Training; Economic Security; Leadership; and Governance and Sustainability. With the adoption of this plan by the SA Board of Directors on November 12, 2020, they are now poised, together, to achieve our goals to advance gender equity and realize our vision of Equity for All.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||AAUW San Antonio Branch|
|Educational Level||Master and Ph.D. students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||February 5, 2022|
|Requirements||3.0 GPA, Letter of Recommendation|
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, the candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a resident of any of the following counties for at least two years prior to applying: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson.
- Be enrolled in, or unconditionally accepted to, a program leading to graduate degree.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade scale.
- The applicant must demonstrate community service.
- The applicant must be registered for a minimum of six semester hours or be registered for dissertation hours.
- The candidate must have received no more than one previous AAUW graduate scholarship for current graduate program.
How to Apply?
For applying to the scholarship, follow the mentioned steps:
- Write a two-page double-spaced Times New Roman 12-font essay detailing your academic accomplishments, community service, financial need, and plans for the future.
- Submit a cover sheet with name, address, phone numbers, email address, degree you are seeking, name of university, and number of hours completed towards degree.
- Submit a resume.
- Submit an official transcript of graduate work.
- In subject line of email, write graduate scholarship.
- Submit a letter of recommendation written by someone in the program.
Note: Send all the documents at mailto:email@example.com
The winning candidate will receive a monetary prize of $2000. This is an amazing opportunity to aid your education and reduce the burden of your family. Women already face a lot of problem to pursue higher education. Therefore, AAUW San Antonio Branch aims to help those deserving women to pursue their dreams. This is the chance to work on your dreams and achieve your goals.
The application is open till February 5, 2021. All the entries received after the deadline will be invalid.