Are you a United States Citizen woman who have received their Bachelor’s degree on or before June 30, 2013? Then you have an extraordinary chance to get some funds and reduce your financial pressure. The AAUW is proudly announcing its Career Development Grant. Women who are dedicated to completing their higher education to advance their careers should apply. Candidates should plan to enrol or are enrolled in courses/activities required for professional employment or advancement.
The purpose of the association behind these grants is to support the women of colour to achieve every goal they have for their future. The association is willing to support the candidates through some funds and advance their careers and complete their dreams. The women’s association understands the struggles women need to face, and for support, these women who are dedicated towards their goals this grant has been designed.
The AAUW designed this grant originally in 1972 to support the candidates who are willing to continue their education. The American Association of University Women is highly dedicated to supporting women and providing them with financial support to complete their dreams. The history of AAUW mirrors the progress of women in the country. The association has supported many thousands of scholars from the nation and helped them do better in their careers.
Take a look at the table below for more details about the grant:
|Educational Level||Bachelor’s students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||November 15, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, LoR, CV|
Who May Be Eligible?
Explore the eligibility requirements mentioned below before applying for the program:
- Candidates should be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
- Fellows should have received a bachelor’s degree before June 30, 2013.
- Women of colour who are dedicated to completing their higher education to advance their careers should apply.
- Candidates should plan to enrol or are enrolled in courses/activities required for professional employment or advancement.
- Applicants should have the plan to enrol or should be enrolled in any of the below course:
Bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
Master’s degree, certification program, and technical school.
- The fellow should have the plan to enrol in any education, Health and Medical Science, Social Science.
- Applicant must be willing to complete their education in an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a technical school that is fully licensed and/or accredited by the U.S. Department of Education (even online institutes are eligible).
How to Apply
Eligible candidates should apply for the program through an online application. Please submit all the details and materials with concern. No late applications will be entertained. Please create an account to access the application if you do not have an existing one. Provide all the supporting documents with concern to be considered. The association will reject incomplete applications.
A recommendation letter from your advisor or a college counsellor must be submitted. The CV should be provided.
- Selected students will receive the amount of $2000 – $12000 to reduce their financial pressure.
- The funds are exclusively available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the grant.
The last date to apply for the program is November 15, 2020. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.