Nominations are open for The Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery and/or Technological Innovation organized by the African Academy of Sciences (AAS). This competition is open to all African scientists and technologists and does not recognize gender, ethnic, or geographical differences.
The AAS seeks to promote and foster the growth of a vibrant African scientific community and to stimulate and nurture the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation that would serve socio-economic development in Africa.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All African scientists and technologists and does not recognize gender, ethnic, or geographical differences.
- A major criterion of the International Prize Committee is that the nominee(s) is (are) evaluated on his/her (their) merit and achievement. The other criteria are as follows:
- The nominee(s) should be actively involved in the scientific or technological area in which s/he has made a noticeable contribution;
- The nominee’s works should be either already patented or have the potential to lead to a patent
- The nominee’s work should have a multiplier effect.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in the competition applicants need to do register through the given link:
- The Chief Obasanjo Prize will be awarded to each of the following fields:
- Information and communication technologies, and
- Material sciences.
- National scientists and Fellows in the employment of or who serve as senior advisors to The AAS are not eligible for nomination.
- Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS. Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
The Prize, which shall be awarded every two years, has three components:
- A cash award of US$5,000 but this may periodically be reviewed and adjusted by the Governing Council (GC) of The AAS
- Gold Medal inscribed; and a
- Citation – in a form of a certificate.
The last date for receipt of nominations will be December 6, 2018.
Contact Olivia Osula at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any clarification.