Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation is delighted to announce the AAMI Foundation Scholarship Programs. The scholarships are open to the applicants who are entering or
Every year, the AAMI Foundation desires students to become a biomedical equipment technician, clinical engineer, and health system, engineer. These scholarships extend access to students who have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence, technical competence and health technology, and patient safety.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be entering or current full-time college students seeking a career in the healthcare technology profession at an accredited college or university.
- For the biomedical equipment technician scholarship and the clinical or other healthcare engineering scholarship
- Applicants must be entering or current full-time college students seeking a career in the healthcare technology profession at a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies or the equivalent.
- Typical programs would include degrees in biomedical equipment technology, electrical, mechanical, or clinical engineering; and physics or the health sciences.
- For the health systems engineer scholarship
- The goal of the AAMI-HSEA Health Systems Engineering Scholarship is to encourage students to enter the profession of health systems engineering and to foster excellence in the field.
- Upper-level undergraduate students (junior or third year and above) and graduate students at the master’s and doctoral levels who have completed no more than two years of graduate study are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have demonstrated some level of involvement and commitment to the field of health systems engineering (e.g., health systems coursework, internships, senior design project with a focus on health systems) that is indicative of a trajectory towards a career in the profession.
- Applicants must be a current full-time third year or above undergraduate college students, or recent college graduates who have been accepted to a graduate program seeking a career in the health systems engineering profession at an accredited college or university.
- Typical programs would include degrees in industrial engineering, management science, operations research, and related fields.
- Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the health systems profession.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To apply, applicants must submit an online application through the given links:
- The Biomedical Equipment Technician Scholarship and the Clinical or other Healthcare Engineering Scholarship: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5SKLJ33
- The Health Systems Engineer Scholarship: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5FRCWD5
- Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the healthcare technology profession.
- To document these attributes, applicants are required to submit a short essay (500-700 words) explaining how they view themselves fitting into the profession and describing their evidence of academic excellence and the other skills mentioned above.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from professional contacts addressing work ethics, attitude, and potential contributions to the profession.
- Applicants must also submit their most recent transcript from an accredited college, or a high school transcript and documentation of college admission into the relevant program.
- The AAMI Foundation through its Awards Committee
will award seven scholarships in 2019:
- Six scholarships will be awarded to students studying to become biomedical equipment technicians, or health technology specific engineering, including clinical engineering.
- One scholarship will be awarded to an individual studying to become a health systems engineer.
- Each of the scholarship worth $3,000 and are awarded in a one-time, lump sum check to each scholarship winner at the AAMI Exchange.
The application deadline is January 9, 2019.