Every year, AAMFT and the Research and Education Foundation praises people for their extraordinary commitments to MFT research and practice. They do that through the following scholarship. The AAMFT Research and Education Foundation grants are for minority understudies. Qualified people incorporate United States residents and permanent visa occupants, including, yet not restricted to, the people who distinguished as Black/African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish beginning, LGBT, bi/multilingual, or a person with at least one disability.
The following grant is available to the accompanying participation classes: Pre-Clinical Fellows, Student, and Clinical Fellows who have been members for less than five years. COAMFTE understudies or graduates from a COAMFTE program are welcome. The purpose of the grant is to help the enrolment, training, and maintenance of minorities in the field of marriage and family therapy. The award to be awarded comprises of a cash prize of up to $3,000 per beneficiary, an engraved plaque presented to the winner, and the Annual Systemic Family Therapy Conference enrollment expense will likewise be postponed for the honoured recipient(s).
The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) is the leading professional association in the field of marriage and family therapy. They address the expert interests of more than 50,000 marriage and family specialists all through the United States, Canada, and abroad.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy|
|Education Level||College student|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||December 15, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- The AAMFT Research and Education Foundation awards scholarships to minority students.
- Eligible individuals include United States citizens and permanent visa residents, including, but not limited to, those who identify as Black/African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin, LGBT, bi/multilingual, or an individual with one or more disability.
- The scholarship is open to the following membership categories: Pre-Clinical Fellows, Student, and Clinical Fellows who have been members for less than five (5) years.
- COAMFTE students or graduates from a COAMFTE program are preferred, but it is not a requirement.
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship by completing the online application and uploading all the necessary documents concerned with the application. After clicking on the link, you will be asked to register yourself, and only then you can access the application form for the scholarship.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- A current resume;
- A letter from the Director of the graduate training program or institute affirming the nominee’s academic status and including an assessment of the nominee’s commitment to the field of marriage and family therapy, as well as a statement of the nominee’s potential as a marriage and family therapist;
- Two letters of reference (these are in addition to the letter from the Director);
- A detailed personal statement including how the nominee’s diverse background has had an impact on them and their career decision; and
- One official transcript.
The award to be awarded consists of:
- A cash award up to $3,000 per recipient;
- An engraved plaque will be presented to the winner;
- The Annual Systemic Family Therapy Conference registration fee will also be waived for the award recipient(s).
Please send your application to the organization by Dec 15, 2021, to get consideration. Late applications will not be accepted and will lead to disqualification from the program. So hurry up and submit your entry before the program closes.