AAEM is offering full or partial funding to hardworking emergency physicians and emergency medicine residents/registrars. The awards are open for applicants who are active participants in emergency medicine via clinical practice, teaching, research, or administration.
The aim of organizing the program is to assist the deserving emergency workers who promote the development and evolution of the speciality of emergency medicine. The recipient will be handed over funds for their fulfilment of dreams.
American Academy of Emergency Medicine is the speciality society of emergency medicine. It is the leader within the field in preserving the integrity of the physician-patient relationship through fighting for a future.
Who May Eligible?
Interested candidates are asked to fulfil the below eligibility requirements in order to qualify the program:
- Applicants must be physician or resident/registrar.
- Must be conversant in English.
- Must be an active participant in emergency medicine by clinical practice, teaching, research or administration.
- Must promote development and evolution of the speciality of emergency medicine within his or her home country.
- Must be an established leader of emergency medicine in his/her home country or have a strong potential to become a leader in this speciality.
- Must indicate an economic disadvantage in the letter of intent such that the candidate would not be able to attend the Scientific Assembly without financial assistance.
- Must be able to utilize the opportunities for the exchange of information, education and ideas offered at the Scientific Assembly to advance the speciality of emergency medicine in his or her own country.
- Must be committed to a sustained relationship with AAEM and the International Committee.
- International AAEM members will receive priority consideration
- Non-members who are awarded scholarships will be encouraged to become AAEM members.
- Priority consideration will be given to candidates from low and middle-income countries in which there has not to be an award granted in the previous three years.
How to Apply
The eligible physician can apply for the scholarship digitally by providing their required details through an online application form and get considered for the award amount.
- An essay of 500-word limit describing the given topics:
- the applicant’s training and work in emergency medicine (noting activity to aid the development of emergency medicine in residency/fellowship teaching, national society membership/activity, national society leadership, ministry of health, non-government organizations, administration, research, etc.;
- what he/she hopes to add to and take away from AAEM’s Scientific Assembly; and
- what he/she hopes to achieve in emergency medicine in the future.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
The maximum amount of funds provided by the AAEM for scholarship awards is $2,000.00 in total. The beneficiary will be able to complete his/her essential needs with the help of the large grant.
The eligible applicants are free to apply by August 1, 2020, at 11:59 pm CT for the program.