American Association for Cancer Research is pleased to announce AACR Team Science Award. The award is open to all cancer researchers who are affiliated with any institution involved in cancer research, cancer medicine or cancer-related biomedical science anywhere in the world.
The AACR Team Science Award has been established to acknowledge and catalyze the growing importance of interdisciplinary teams in the understanding of cancer and/or the translation of research discoveries into clinical cancer applications.
The Award will recognize an outstanding interdisciplinary research team for its innovative and meritorious science that has advanced or likely will advance their fundamental knowledge of cancer. The team that has applied existing knowledge to advance the detection, diagnosis, prevention or treatment of cancer.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Candidacy is open to all cancer researchers who are affiliated with any institution involved in cancer research, cancer medicine or cancer-related biomedical science anywhere in the world.
- For the purpose of this award, a team is comprised of independent faculty-level researchers providing complementary interdisciplinary expertise, each of whom have made separate substantive and quantifiable contributions to the research being recognized.
- Team members may be working within the same institution or at several institutions; however, if researchers are in the same institution, they must have clearly separate funding and research space.
- The research to be recognized should reflect work toward a specific scientific goal that otherwise would not be realized by any single component of the team.
- Such institutions include those in academia, industry or government.
- Teams comprising academic and industry researchers will be accepted.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://myaacr.aacr.org/AsiCommon/Controls/Shared/FormsAuthentication/Login.aspx
- Nomination Package: Written in English, the following information must be included:
- the contact information of the corresponding nominator;
- the name of the Team Leader;
- a list of all members of the team, their professional titles, and affiliations, with a description of each member’s substantive and quantifiable contribution to the team;
- an indication of the primary concentration of research area;
- 50‐word summary statement of the research accomplishment or accomplishments for which the team is being nominated;
- A narrative, of no more than 3,000 words, describing in‐depth the research accomplishment or accomplishments for which the team is being nominated as well as the significance and impact of the research, with no more than twelve (12) relevant publications referenced within the narrative;
- a list of the publications referenced in the research narrative, with full citations (no more than 12);
- a narrative, of no more than 1,000 words, describing the value‐added activities of the team and the coordination of the research across the multiple performance sites;
- a descriptive list of institutional support of the team, such as pilot funding, technology transfer offices, shared resources, etc.; and
- Original handwritten signatures of the nominator and all team members.
- The signature page must contain the original handwritten signatures of the nominator and all team members and must be uploaded to myaacr.aacr.org.
- CV or Biosketch for each team member must include full publication history, written in English and
- Letters of Endorsement from a Dean, Department Head, or Director of each member’s institution confirming support for the nomination and certifying the contents of the nomination package. The letters of endorsement must be submitted on institution letterhead and be written in English.
- The required file format is PDF.
- Each team member’s CV or bio-sketch with full publications must be submitted as a pdf file.
- Paper nomination packages cannot be accepted.
- The team selected to receive the 13th AACR Team Science Award will collectively be awarded a prize of $50,000 and
- be recognized during the AACR Annual Meeting 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA (March 30‐April 3, 2019).
The application deadline is August 1, 2018, 4 p.m. U.S. ET.
Inquiries about the “Program Guidelines and Nomination Instructions” can be directed to Ms. Linda Stokes at Phone: (215) 446‐7128 E‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org