The Centre for Advances Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law Punjab (RGNUL) is pleased to announce 4th Sh. Gurcharan Singh Tulsi International Legal Research Paper Writing Competition.
The competition is open to all the bonafide students who are enrolled in any full-time undergraduate or postgraduate law program of any recognized Law College, Institution or University in India or abroad.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All the bonafide students enrolled in any full-time undergraduate or postgraduate law program
- Must be studying in any recognized Law College, Institution or University in India or abroad.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the participant should E-mail the following attachments: Cover Page, Research Paper, Registration Form, Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the competition, co-authorship is permitted. However, the co-author has to register separately.
- No individual will be the author of more than one Paper. If any individual authors more than one Paper, then all such Papers will be disqualified.
- Only original Papers will be considered for the Competition. No part of it should have been published earlier and it should not be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of Paper.
- The Paper should not contain any Identification Mark of any sort.
- Registration form and declaration form is to be sent along with the Paper.
- The Registration form must be signed by the head of the Institution/ University. (The forms will be available on the RGNUL website.)
- The Paper must be written in English.
- Rules for the Main Text:
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5 ·
- Rules for the Footnotes:
- Font Type: Times New Roman Font
- Size: 10 Line
- Spacing: 1 ·
- Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- The Paper should include an abstract not exceeding 500 words mentioning the title and keywords.
- The Paper should not comprise of more than 3000- 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Word Count is required to be mentioned on the Cover Page.
- The Research Paper can be sent in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format. (Strictly not in pdf)
- Theme: Need for Police Reforms in India
* Modernization of the Investigation Methods
* Prospective Amendments to the Training Manuals of the Police
* Police and Gender Sensitization
* Police Reforms vis-a-vis Cyber Crimes
* Reforms to Promote Human Rights
* Combating Political Stronghold over Police
* Reforms in Recruitment and Training Methods
* Police Accountability
* Improving Police Infrastructure
* Any other Sub Theme
- Best Research Paper- ₹15,000/- ·
- Second Best Research Paper- ₹10,000/ ·
- Third Best Research Paper- ₹5,000/-
- The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL Website. Separate intimation will also be provided to all the winners.
- The winners will be given the prizes on the Prize Distribution function, the exact date, and location of which shall be announced later.
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants.
The application deadline is July 16, 2018.
If you have any question, contact at email@example.com