The St. Gallen Symposium, formerly known as the International Management Symposium and the ISC-Symposium, is delighted to announce 49th St. Gallen Symposium Essay Competition. The competition is open to the students enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program at
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university
- Born in1989 or later
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in the competition, applicants need to do register and complete the information through the given link:
- Essay Question: Is it as good as it gets? – What approach would you suggest to change the current purpose ofcapital?
- They expect a professional, creative and thought-provoking essay. Be bold, unconventional, and distinctive on the competition question, which will be announced in autumn 2018 for the next competition.
- The following criteria must be met:
- Form: Essay (max. 2,100 words, excl. bibliography& footnotes)
- Language: English
- Anonymity: Your name must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution file
- Individuality: Individual work expected, no group work allowed.
- The essay must be written exclusively for this contest. The idea must be the author’sown.
- Citation: All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part of the essay. All contributions will be tested for plagiarism.
- Make sure you can provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or other identification (in English for non-Roman languages)
- Confirmation of matriculation/enrolment from your university which proves your enrollment in a graduate/postgraduate level program as of 1 February 2019 (download sample document here)
- Your contribution file with no indication of your name in the file name, the file metadata or the file itself
- The jury selects the three awardees based on the quality of the idea on paper.
- The award is endowed with total prize money of CHF 20,000.
- In addition, there will be a chance for the very best competitors (including the awardees) to present their ideas on the big stage at the symposium. For this, the students will be asked to pitch their idea on video beforehand.
Complete the application form and hand in your contribution no later than Thursday, February 1, 2019 (23:59 p.m. last time zone).
In case of any questions, contact the ISC-Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.