Trieste Contemporanea is pleased to announce 3rd Squeeze It Contest Trieste Contemporanea 2018. It is an international competition addressed to the European area. The competition is open to young contestants under the age of 30, born in EU member countries, in CEI member states, in Kosovo, and in Turkey.
It is specifically directed at the new generations of artists in order to encourage future professionals to create original projects, which are characterized by the dynamic interaction between the contemporary creativity of Theatre, the languages of the Visual Arts and the new media Information Technologies.
The competition is dedicated to Franco Jesurun, a visionary man of culture, that was a theatre actor and a gallerist, founder of the three cultural organizations in Trieste that promote the competition.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to young contestants under the age of 30, born in EU member countries, in CEI member states, in Kosovo and in Turkey.
- Any group competing should indicate a project leader.
- All participants must be born after November 12, 1988, and in the countries listed above.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://www.triestecontemporanea.it/squeezeit_2018/squeeze_it.html
- The candidate action has to maintain as its founding elements the stage environment and performing the talent, include dramaturgy and give specific attention to the artistic potential of recent information technologies.
- The contestants are asked to conceive an original and unpublished theatrical action, low budget and small format, organically connected to the languages and issues of contemporary visual arts.
- In keeping with the logic of the contest, the applying theatrical action must be able to fit in an ideal 4mx4mx4m size box and should last no longer than 16 minutes.
- Both the submitted theatrical action and the video clip of it must be original and unpublished and will not infringe, for any reason, the rights of third parties.
- All the application’s documents have to be written in English.
- Applications are processed exclusively online through the full completion of the form available at Trieste contemporaneous website.
- The individual or group candidate is requested to upload the following documentation:
- personal data and an Identity Document (identity card, passport) of the applying individual/project leader
- curriculum vitae of the applying individual or of the project leader/group
- in case of an applying group, names, dates, and places of birth of its members;
title of the project
- written presentation of the project and its abstract
- video clip of the proposed action, which does not exceed 4 minutes
- Up to 2 other documents containing any other material which the applicant wants to add as pertinent to the candidacy.
- The format and maximum size of the documents to upload are specified in the online application form.
- Only candidacies with complete documentation which has been submitted online will be accepted.
- Semi-finalists and the online squeeze it award
- The semi-finalist video clips will be published on the website www.triestecontemporanea.it.
- The one of them, ranked first in an online public vote, will be awarded the online squeeze it award 2018.
- The winner will be invited to participate in the workshop of the finalists.
- Finalists will actually perform their theatrical action in the final evening of the competition, to be staged in Trieste on December 15, 2018.
- The finalists will be invited as well to participate in a formative and in-depth workshop, on issues relating to the three creative sectors that are the object of the contest, to be held in the days before the final evening.
- The winner of the franco jesurun award will be given the opportunity to collaborate with an internationally renowned video artist with whom he will realize a professional video work of the winning theatrical action.
The application must be submitted by 11:59 PM on November 12, 2018 (Italian time).