3M’s Safety Division is proudly announcing the continuation of its annual scholarship program. Every year 3M’s PSD offers four scholarships to the students pursuing an educational degree in a graduate occupational health and safety program. This scholarship is available to students accepted in any of the U.S. universities. The objective of this scholarship is to recognize the brightest future talents. It aims to support students interested in the fields of health and safety.
3M’s Person safety division initiated this scholarship organization to recognize graduate students for their academic excellence and contribution to the profession of health and safety. Along with the scholarship amount, this program will also register the recipients to the virtual American Industrial Hygiene Conference. This overall scholarship will benefit students in paving paths for their future. It’ll free them from their financial burden and open the doors for various career opportunities.
The 3M company is an American corporation operating in the fields of industry, work safety and health care of U.S. citizens. It applies science and innovation to advance its community for the betterment of the people. The 3M company offers various opportunities for America’s youth by providing scholarships and assisting people with their careers. It aims to inspire people to do better and helps them by providing the necessary support.
Applicants can check the table below for more information about the scholarship:
|Organization||3M’s Personal Safety Division|
|Educational Level||College students|
|Number of Awards||4|
|Application Deadline||March 26, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, letters of recommendation, transcript, cover letter, essay|
Who May Be Eligible
Eligibility criteria for the 3M PSD Occupational Health and Safety Scholarship Program are as follows:
- Applicants should be enrolled in, or accepted into, a graduate Occupational Health and Safety/Industrial Hygiene program at a university in the United States.
- Candidates must have at least one year remaining in their graduate studies from the scholarship’s application deadline.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the completed application, and all requested support documentation electronically to Dan Rothe at email@example.com. Fellows must submit their complete applications before the deadline. Students are asked to follow the deadline strictly. Please make sure the data presented is valid.
- Candidates should submit one cover letter with the application. The cover letter must be one or two pages of a statement explaining why you believe you qualify for a scholarship’ and ‘what impact do you feel you may have on the profession?’ Explain your career development plan and your commitment to the occupational health and safety/industrial hygiene profession.
- Applicants have to describe their Educational Background: A list of relevant information chronologically, with the most current date first. Include the name(s) of the institution(s), highest degree(s) attained, and years of attendance.
- Fellows must also attach a copy of their current official transcript.
- Individuals have to specify their work experience. A short description of occupational health or safety/industrial hygiene related work or volunteer experience.
- Applicants must also attach a list of their association activities.
- Candidates should provide two letters of recommendation from separate professionals, including the writer’s address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Four students will be awarded the 3M PSD Occupational Health and Safety Scholarship Program. Each student will receive a scholarship fund of $5,000. This scholarship will help students with their educational expenses. Students can spend their scholarship fund on tuition fees, books, travel, accommodation and other important educational expenses.
The deadline to receive applications for the scholarship is Friday, March 26, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.